I just wanted to say that i got my g-major and it is sick!
I love the necesities(ex: reverb, delay, comp) and the "neato effects" are top notch also (ex pitch shifting, arp) I highly recomend it. it takes some getting used to for the variables. Any suggestings for a good controller?
i think its some huge ass rack effects unit thats apparantly amazing
never seen one or anything but there was a guy who sold his to get a zoom g9.2tt cause he said it was better lol
Ahhh HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?! okay, I'm done.

A G-major is a RACKMOUNTED multi-effects, made by TC Electronics. Other than that, people say it's a pretty sweet gadget.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
lol....wow.... 5 noobs in a row. Yay.

'Grats on the unit. The only thing that keeps me from getting one is the fact that they're not the most reliable pieces of equipment out there. They do sound great though.
Yay I don't count as a noob.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ya azn vomit and electrik arent noobs but the rest of yall all proved how much of a noob you all are.

OK on to the thread congrats man on the pruchase. you probably dont need a massive controller unless your controlling alot so im gonna say, look into a DMC ground control they are very nice out of production but they pop up on ebay every now and then for like 200 USD. Also bradshaw makes very nice footcontrollers though they are pricey
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
killer little unit eh? Congrats man, I love mine too. Any midi controller will work. The ones Syn metioned look very nice. I see the behringer floorboard controllers on eBay all the time dirt cheap too, under $100, but they probably aren't the most rugged pieces of eqiupment. TC also sells the G-Minor, which is a small midi foot controller specifically for their rack units. Right now I'm using my GNX4 as a controller, but any of the floorboards with a midi out should be able to control it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well, that's kind of the point man. It's meant to replace most of your fx pedals, besides units that work better in front of an amp, like overdrives. It's got all the normal fx, then it adds a 3 band parametric EQ, compressor, and noisegate. It's also got 1/4" tip to ground switch capability to control amp channels.

edit: forgot, it also adds a tuner.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 25, 2006,
For a floorboard controler, get a Behringer FBC 1010, it's cheap (150 new) and has a metal casing, so its sturdy.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
Awesome buy! I love the idea of a G-Major I've been looking into one for awhile now. Does it have a wah? Also how is the compressor and gate on it? I've heard many, many good things about it. Congrats again man!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
Awesome buy! I love the idea of a G-Major I've been looking into one for awhile now. Does it have a wah? Also how is the compressor and gate on it? I've heard many, many good things about it. Congrats again man!

I dont have an expression controller yet so if it had a wah i wouldnt be able to use it (unless its dyn or tempo). I do know that it has a sick whammy function. comp and gate are perfect for me, prestine quality. One thing I like about the unit is though it does have alot of programming, the learning curve doesnt hit you right in the face like other units "you cant make anyuse of our product until you've read our 800 page manual twice". It gives you tons of great presets initially. probably all that you'll ever need. But as you get nitpickier and learn more about shaping your effects more possibliities open up. You can set the sequences of the effects, edit all kinds of pitch variables, and make these morello-rodriguez esqe sounds. I will try and experiment more so i can give a greater explanation of all these capabilities that i have yet to discover. and for $400 its supreeme in value.

edit:and thanks to everyone on the controller suggestions.
Last edited by Vomitorator at Aug 26, 2006,
Tight dude im really eyeing a good rackmounted FX processor for my Triple. After not playing my JCM900 for so long I forget how important a good reverb is!

And check into the whole wah/volume pedal thing. I have a Behringer midi-control-board at work that has two expression pedals on it thatd go to waste if I had it and nothing to use them with!
Dude, the G-Force is still better right ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
yes the g-force is a better rack fx processor but its 1200 if your gonna spend over a grand on it you might as well save up and Buy an Eventide.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
and about the question on wah, i dont know if the thing does, but if its like any other normal rack and goes in the fx loop, the wah will sound like **** no matter how you tweak it.
I've jsut got a Behringer FCb1010 to control my 3 midi units.
Its pretty cheap for what it is and seems to be a versatile unit. Theres alot
of info about these on the web for getting them setup. With each prset you can change upto 5 midi units, chnage channels on an amp and use to expression pedals.
Just starting to work mine out and I'm pleased and I've only just touched on its potential.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Great dude, we're always open for SOUNDCLIPS !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!