i bought dimebag darrel strings a like about a month ago and they were all shny and smooth now they are black and rough why is this and it interferes in playing?
do your fingers sweat a lot? this happens to me too, but i got sweatie fingers, im not sure if this is the actual reason, but makes sense to me ...
It's because of the grime and dirt and sweat and the sort from your fingers. Try wiping down your strings after you're done playing.
They seems dirty and need to be changed. If the G, B and high E strings feel nasty while bending, you should change them.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
strings oxidize b/c of your sweat..you can either clean them or change them..1 hr of play a day every day and u have to change ur strings in like 3weeks
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Quote by Crimsonashes
strings oxidize b/c of your sweat..you can either clean them or change them..1 hr of play a day every day and u have to change ur strings in like 3weeks

You know it's funny I can get away with 4-6 hours a day and my strings don't start to rust for at least 3 months.

But yeah make sure you wipe the guitar down after you're finished, and try changing to a different brand of strings.
Quote by icronic
You know it's funny I can get away with 4-6 hours a day and my strings don't start to rust for at least 3 months.

But yeah make sure you wipe the guitar down after you're finished, and try changing to a different brand of strings.

i use ernie balls .11's..what do u use i'd love to try them!

edit: nah plus after a while the strings idk the term.."fade" they dnt sound as bright u know what im talking about
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
i had the same problem now i use blue steel.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
dude its just dirty strings. alot of people claim to like the sound...but maybe they just dont care. mine are old as hell but still i'm waiting till they break. but whatever