Hey, I was watching this random video about Flea on youtube, his Punk&Funk lesson(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObI1TVrBn2c) and I was wondering what bass guitar he is using there. Is it a Music Man S.U.B. X02 Bass Guitar? Just wondering, not sure if this was the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't.
EBMM stingray I believe
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
is his action really low? it sounds weird

anyway, yea, just a Bog standard Stingray. not a SUB, because teh headstock isnt black.

edit: btw, my impressions of flea just went up a little bit after watching that. i guess the mainstream isn't ready for that

btw, chinkychink, loving the name
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Aug 25, 2006,
Thanks, I couldn't think of any other names so I made something random. Would you recommend that bass if you're into rock/slap playing like Flea?
^ YES! YES! YES!

But i'm going to have a BOTM up about it soon. You can decide then.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by IndieMetalhead
is his action really low? it sounds weird

anyway, yea, just a Bog standard Stingray. not a SUB, because teh headstock isnt black.

edit: btw, my impressions of flea just went up a little bit after watching that. i guess the mainstream isn't ready for that

btw, chinkychink, loving the name

*cough*

By the way, nice video
Okay, I just took a look at the price and I can say that I don't have nearly enough money and will not have enough for a while. Would anybody mind taking a look at Music Man S.U.B. X02 Bass Guitar and tell me if its the next best thing?
Quote by catchy phrase
Wow, that's interesting to hear that Flea was/is into punk.

Clearly you've never heard early Chilis. They did a lot of punk.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
*cough*

quiet you....

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Did you not ever know Flea was in Fear? That was all punk music!

It sounds different cos he using Mesa-Boogie amps instead of his GKs
if u watched the whole interview thinger he talks a bit about his rig. apparently that bass was given to him free by the dudes at ernie ball haha. he even talks about his envelope filter and junk.