Page 1 of 2
Hey guys!!!

2 days ago, at a music shop I saw a used Ibanez on the wall, for only $299!Made in Japan. Now, what would a Japanese Ibanez be doing on the wall for $299?! I tried it out and it was a dream to play! I memorized to serial number(F915116) and went home to do some research. The guitar was made in the fujigen(sp?) factory in 1991. I asked for identification help on UG and a user told me it was an rg 760. I went on ibanezrules.com to the 1991 catalogue and i found it! It looked exactly the same. I checked the price list and in 91 and it was $999!

Yesterday i went back to the shop, and bought it. I am so happy with the guitar and i know it was a good one! I even went across the street to a different guitar shop, and they said it was a steal! The workers play it and were amazed!

Anyway enough with the talking, here are some pics(i took these on a disposable cam with flash, so they may not be that great)
Attachments:
Ibanez RG760 1234.jpg
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Rg760 blue

Basswood body
Wizard neck, rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays
Jumbo frets
Original Edge tremolo
Gotoh tuners
Humbucker: Ibanez USA F2
Single coils: Ibanez USA C2
Attachments:
Ibanez RG760 21.jpg
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Aug 25, 2006,
Lucky bastard...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I wish I were lucky enough for that to happen to me. Only for me, it would be a Marshall TSL with Cab for $500 (Retail is $2000)
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by aznrockerdude
Lucky bastard...

I've been wanting a superstrat style guitar with a floyd and 24 frets for a cheap price for so long, and my wish came true!

oh and guess what??? theshop i bought it in thought it was an rg370, thats how i got it for so cheap!
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Aug 25, 2006,
edge trem.. ew. thats all i got to say. well.. beisides, i want a guitar with hss config
Quote by Craigscool
edge trem.. ew. thats all i got to say. well.. beisides, i want a guitar with hss config

Why is the edge trem ew? I can whammy like no tomorrow and still stay in tune, its also the best trem ibanez made.
-Jimi Hendrix
That's debatable, nice curtains btw.

On your forehead...
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Yeah, it isn't just a regular Edge, its an Edge Pro (most likely).
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by Bloodening
That's debatable, nice curtains btw.

On your forehead...

grr
-Jimi Hendrix
hm nobody seems to be interested and why do i get flamed when i post a guitar i just bought? others get a billion replies and dont get flamed.
-Jimi Hendrix
Lucky...
My rig, homes:
Godin Freeway Floyd w/ Bill Lawrence XL-500 in bridge
Dunlop Wylde Wah
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Crate XT120R
SIT Strings 9-42
Dunlop Gator Grip picks 1.5mm

Want:
MIM Telecaster
Ibanez RG 1570
Crate Blue Voodoo
Heh, happy now, just as i thought, its not a 91, its an 89 model with black headstock. The blue headstock one was from a different year.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks for mentioning that Ibanezrules.com site, mw7! I was able to date the RG470L I got off Ebay. August of 1995.
Quote by madpickin03
Heh, happy now, just as i thought, its not a 91, its an 89 model with black headstock. The blue headstock one was from a different year.

what? but the serial number says F91...?
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by kitfoo
Thanks for mentioning that Ibanezrules.com site, mw7! I was able to date the RG470L I got off Ebay. August of 1995.

no problem
-Jimi Hendrix
Fujigen's number is a bit different from Cort or World (Korean) factory. The 15116 is the production number, you can check the 89 catalog if you like.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Fujigen's number is a bit different from Cort or World (Korean) factory. The 15116 is the production number, you can check the 89 catalog if you like.

aw man 2 years older . but on ibanezrules.com its says the first 2 digits are the year..... damn

lol still a good guitar
-Jimi Hendrix
Relax, like i said in your previous thread, this guitar is a goldmine , to me at least...
It has a really wonderful trem that you cant find it anymore on new production Ibanez, the only down side would probably caused by the neck heel joint. Upgrade the pickup, and you got yourself a hell of a guitar dude, definetely a keeper. Congratz

Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Craigscool

Your a dummy

If you dont like the edge, than you dont like trems period.

Edges are the one of the best ever made IMO.

Nice find, 299$ is a steal for a 7xx series.

If you ever wanna jam over webcam im up for it. Ibanez playas only, peace
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by madpickin03
Relax, like i said in your previous thread, this guitar is a goldmine , to me at least...
It has a really wonderful trem that you cant find it anymore on new production Ibanez, the only down side would probably caused by the neck heel joint. Upgrade the pickup, and you got yourself a hell of a guitar dude, definetely a keeper. Congratz

Yeah i just bought the whammy bar today, thats why its not in the pic, and im having so much fun :P

what do you mean about the neck heel joint, is it just bad, cause i have limited access and i could have more with the aanj or that a problem will come up or something?

And the humbucker looks a bit rusty or oxidized and the paint from the knobs is wearing off. I'll paint the knobs and switch the pick up.

What pickup can i swap it for? I dont know anything about pickups, but Vai and Satch use Dimarzios on theirs, so any dimarzios good?
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by ClassicAxe

Nice find, 299$ is a steal for a 7xx series.

If you ever wanna jam over webcam im up for it. Ibanez playas only, peace

i know man.

and Wow! Jam over webcam, with classicaxe!
Sure, like a video convo on msn?
-Jimi Hendrix
AANJ could give you a little more range rather than a block heel joint but i've tried both and its fine for me, only that the block side might poke you or stop you when you're trying to reach the high frets fast .

And yeah, DiMarzios are the way to go, designed perfectly well to accomodate basswoods guitar (Ibanez).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by mw7
i know man.

and Wow! Jam over webcam, with classicaxe!
Sure, like a video convo on msn?

yeh sure,

pm me your email adress and ill add you
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
congrats man, that's a score. The original Edge is a kickass trem, don't worry about it, mine is almost 20 years old and still holds tuning perfectly. I don't think you'll have any problem with access to the frets, the old heel doesn't get in my way at all. I think they changed it because a lot of the older models started getting stress cracks on the finish right at the neck joint. I really like that it's HSS too, that's what I'm looking for in my next guitar actualy. Enjoy your new axe man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by madpickin03
AANJ could give you a little more range rather than a block heel joint but i've tried both and its fine for me, only that the block side might poke you or stop you when you're trying to reach the high frets fast .

And yeah, DiMarzios are the way to go, designed perfectly well to accomodate basswoods guitar (Ibanez).

Any recommendations on dimarzios?

Quote by Erock503
congrats man, that's a score. The original Edge is a kickass trem, don't worry about it, mine is almost 20 years old and still holds tuning perfectly. I don't think you'll have any problem with access to the frets, the old heel doesn't get in my way at all. I think they changed it because a lot of the older models started getting stress cracks on the finish right at the neck joint. I really like that it's HSS too, that's what I'm looking for in my next guitar actualy. Enjoy your new axe man.

Thanks My Rg seems to be perfect, ther than the rusty pick up and knobs, i dont see and cracks in the neck joint.
-Jimi Hendrix
For your SSH set up

HS-3
HS-3
Tonezone

Or go

Fasttrack
Fastrack
Tonezone

Or

Fastrack
evo mid or hs3
Tonezone
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Congrats! I just got an Ibanez as well (S2170 prestige)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by ClassicAxe
For your SSH set up

HS-3
HS-3
Tonezone

Or go

Fasttrack
Fastrack
Tonezone

Or

Fastrack
evo mid or hs3
Tonezone

Thanks for the suggestions I'll go look them up.

Quote by Striketalonx
Congrats! I just got an Ibanez as well (S2170 prestige)

awesome man, probably way better than mine, but i still love my rg!

Quote by Invictious
Edge Trem?

DAMN! For 299?

yep, i couldnt believe it was true!
-Jimi Hendrix
Also, my bar was pretty stiff at first, but if you like a loosley free bar, just dab a little marvle oil, or a bit of 3in1 to free er' up, if you like loose bars.

Get on MSN
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
dude I live in oakville, im comin over and jammin! but seriously where'd you get it, L&M>? I thought you meant $299US not CAD thats an insane deal !
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
dude I live in oakville, im comin over and jammin! but seriously where'd you get it, L&M>? I thought you meant $299US not CAD thats an insane deal !

I got it a The guitar shop, at port credit. La music is right across the street from it.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Aug 26, 2006,
Edge Pro > Floyd Rose
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by mw7
I got it a The guitar shop, at port credit. La music is right across the street from it.

nice
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by Kartman
ZR >Edge Pro > Floyd Rose

Fix'd.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
More suggestion,
Air Classic (B)
Fast Track 1 (M)/Chopper (M)
Cruiser (N)

PAF Pro (B) twangy sound
Fast Track (M)
Fast Track (N)