what kinda tricks do you guys know that not so many other's wouldn't know? i just found this one out and it pretty much sucks but i thought it was kinda cool. if you put you index finger on the 7th fret on the B string and your ring finger on the 9th fret of the G string and then bend the G string up a whole step you will get the same note as on the B string...works any where on the strings just easier to explain this way. also if you want to use other strings just bed the top string higher. told you it sucked but it sounds pretty cool if you can get it right away.
It is called a Unison Bend
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
WEll i would LIKE to know how Joe satirani gets the REall high pitched sound withere he pulls the string, is that a harmonic or what?
It's called a pinch harmonic. when you pick the note, hit the string with your thumb. it's kind of quick so it might take some time to get it down.
chya, you ever checked kristofer dahls video lessons? he talks about that lil thing there, its basically you're playing the same note twice but it sounds cool as you bend up with it because of the harmonics produced.
i like to do a thing to show off, ill play a run with my left hand completely legato but harmonise on another string with my right hand in thirds or whatever, so playing two guitar parts on one guitar basically, quite cool heh... the usual whammy bar tricks with pinch harmonics and stuff, the weird tricks stevie vai does, *shrugs* i dont think anyone has any "unique" tricks for playing, apart from MAB with his double guitar thing... haha
You need to be a little more clearer. From what I can tell, yes some kind of pinch harmonic, but he does have a trick called the Satch Scream where you do a pinch harmonic on the open G string, and then on a whammy bar (has to be a Floyd Rose), you go down a little but, up a lot and then down a lot.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Hey i know a cool trick too, you can pick up instead of always playing down picks... clever aye? - Someone should try and explain that to hetfield actually....
turn the volume down on your guitar, fret the low E string at the third fret, pluck it, and slowly turn the volume up while bending the string. it sounds like a cow
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Aug 25, 2006,
do buckethead's playing of the Halloween theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtdJFtdXYps
man, i've got the left hand movements down for that, but the right hand part is ****ing hard
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by santhony1987
Hey i know a cool trick too, you can pick up instead of always playing down picks... clever aye? - Someone should try and explain that to hetfield actually....

SRV liked to use a prodominatly downpick style. nothing wrong with it. a down stroke usually has a slightly different sound then an upstroke
Quote by Godderz_24
although its called the "satch scream" its practically the same as dimebags trick too lol,
i think satch does it on both g and b strings at the same time though...

theres a video on youtube that dimebag goes through all that.

dont have the link but it goes like this, flick the string (he uses the g string most often) "dump it" ie do a big quick divebomb, then touch the string over a harmonic and bring the trem back to normal then up a few pitches. dimebag does this "vai style" with the whammy bar spun around facing away from the headstock.
Quote by caughtinamosh
do buckethead's playing of the Halloween theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtdJFtdXYps
man, i've got the left hand movements down for that, but the right hand part is ****ing hard

I find it easy =S I guess its just different for everyone.

Anyway, I have a trick that probably isnt that exclusive, I just think it is

Its easy, just dump a floating trem, and grab a harmonic on the first string coming up. I can also do Dimebags harmonics and everything from herman li's video.
Dickless.
Quote by Diamond Dave
theres a video on youtube that dimebag goes through all that.

dont have the link but it goes like this, flick the string (he uses the g string most often) "dump it" ie do a big quick divebomb, then touch the string over a harmonic and bring the trem back to normal then up a few pitches. dimebag does this "vai style" with the whammy bar spun around facing away from the headstock.

yeah i know how to do it i was explaining to the guy that asked about the pinch harmonics with the whammy thing

it gives the same effect basically except dimebags method is natural harmonics, and slightly more impractical IMO
Id like to know how Mr. Greenwood from Radiohead gets that harmonic sound on the "just" solo (with his string half-detuned, pulling it with one hand and picking it with the other).
are there any videos out there that show stuff on 'divebombs' or just whammy bars in general?
There is this cool one, but you need a tremolo, works best with a floyd. However, you pick a string, any string, then you plung down on the floyd until the strings are almost floppy. Then you try and pluck a string and slide your finger up the fret board while gradually easing up pressure on the whammy bar. This while make the note that you have plucked stay the same, and it creates a cool gargalling sound if u get it right. For example, plung down, then pluck the D string or something, then slide your finger from the first fret up to the 12th or something, while gradully bringing the whammy bar back into rest position. Once you get it down its neat.
My Equipment:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD
-Marshall AVT series 4x12" extension cab.
-Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal

ICED EARTH
Play slap with your penis.

Metalocalypse rules.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by santhony1987

consider yourself sig'd, sir!
Quote by SOADrox429
turn the volume down on your guitar, fret the low E string at the third fret, pluck it, and slowly turn the volume up while bending the string. it sounds like a cow

waahahahaha
Nothing exclusively to me really, I learned everything I know from other players. After three years, everything kinda comes together, makes it easier to compose new things. ...'N stuff.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
This isnt really too cool but a nice effect at times. To get what sounds like feedback without actually getting it have your volume all the way down, pick a natural harmonic (I normally do one at the fifth fret on the A string) and then gradually turn your volume up. Works good for parts where you want to fade in with some feedback.
yeah joe and dime can do the pinch. but the king of the pinch harmonic is mr billy f gibbons. listen to his songs, he uses them in almost every one. the La grange solo is almst entirely made of pinch harmonics. thats like atleast a minute or so of nothing but pinch harmonics.

take that unison bend a step further:

3 finger bend (index = 7th, middle = 8th, ring = 9th fret) on the g string, while holding the bend hit the 10th fret of the b string with your pinky. then pull off. you can release the bend and pull off from the 9th g string and go up to the 9th d string. stuff like that. or go hammer on from 7th to 9th, then bend, hit the pinky on the 10th b, then pull off. variations as you see fit. nice little tit bit to put into some solos or licks. makes it really easy to get a few real quick 5-10 notes.
Last edited by ikey_ at Apr 30, 2010,