i have a epiphone les paul sepcial 2. its my first guitar and im looking to get somethign a little better. im wondering if its worth getting new pickups and stuff to get a better sound or just go for a new guitar. if so what guitar im looking for something in the $500 range and i live in canada. if im better off getting new pickups and stuff then what should i go for
hmm i'd say buy a new guitar, you could probably get a much nicer and easier to play guitar for $500, im not sure how much that is in english pounds (im english) but i think its about £350 (correct me if im wrong)
anyhoo
what type of music are you planning on playing? you could get an okay ibanez but they're more "metal" guitars, but i find you can play any style on them really.
For around 320ish canadian you should be able to get the Ibanez RG321MH, thats how much I paid for mine before tax. I wouldn't bother upgrading that les paul though, so I suggest getting the Ibanez and swap the pickups in that.
Since you're used to les pauls i'd get a les paul standard, 400 for a black one. Great and I mean great guitars. Stock pickups leave a little to be desired though. Not really that big a deal though.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
yah definately get a new guitar, another (better obviously) epi les paul would be good, and ive heard good things about agile, unless you want something completely different esps and ibanez's are pretty nice depends wat ur really looking for, and keep ur old special in case you feel like upgrading it for fun or something

plus its the best feeling in the world to get a new guitar
if ui willin to spend 500 bucks i think u should just buy the best effects pedal u can get. If u not wilin to pay for a gibson, just get a pedal thatll make it sound like one and save 1000 bucks
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
An MIM standard Fender (Tele or Strat) would be great for lighter stuff like jazz, blues, and most classic rock. The Long & McQuade by my house has them for around 500 canadian.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by evh77
yah definately get a new guitar, another (better obviously) epi les paul would be good, and ive heard good things about agile, unless you want something completely different esps and ibanez's are pretty nice depends wat ur really looking for, and keep ur old special in case you feel like upgrading it for fun or something

plus its the best feeling in the world to get a new guitar

no, don't go gettin another epi-phoney
go to a local music store and try out their chioce of the better name brands. fender, gibson, ibanez, esp,... no epi's no squiers, no LTD's. . you'll be much happier with that decision in the long run.
http://music123.com/Fender-Deluxe-Strat-HSS----Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-i44610.music

thats also very nice, i personally dont like single coils so its cool how it has HH, but thats just me

(for some reason it says HSS either the descriptions wrong or the picture is wrong)

Quote by _Sanitarium_
no, don't go gettin another epi-phoney
go to a local music store and try out their chioce of the better name brands. fender, gibson, ibanez, esp,... no epi's no squiers, no LTD's. . you'll be much happier with that decision in the long run.

well his price range is up to 500 dollars so hes definately not geting a gibson, and theres plenty of good epiphone guitars he could get, just try some guitars out see what you like
Well my suggestion is you go to a music shop and see for your self what brand you like, Don't let us tell you what to like and don't like,
Maybe something from the new Ibanez artist series (ARC100/300). It's much like the Les Paul shape
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Well id say get a nw guitar, Epiphone Les Paul Specials are made out of ply wood, which is bad
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009