When i play for more then 30min my wrist start to hurt to point to where i can't play

is there anyway i can get tip to reduse this

link me to some help ..or tell me what you do plz
You just need to strengthen your wrist up. After a while it won't bother you anymore. Just do things that will strengthen your wrist . Or you can try stretching before playing.

BB
ಥ_ಥ
how long have you been playing for? if you havent been playing long your wrists will cramp up, the best way to get rid of this is to keep playing and eventually your wrist will get used to it. if you have cramps in your wrist just mesage it or take an advil.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
it will strengthen up, but just play sitting down for a while when it starts to hurt, that way your wrist wont be bent at all.
i been only playing guitar for like 2- 3 months ... i play everyday ... it just in the beginning it didn't hurt but now i does lol

I'm asking becus i'm doing like a mini gig for some people, and kids .. i'll be playing for like 1 hour ... not at one time .. but yeah .. i was wondering if there was a way to lessing the pain alittie
Always stretch before you play, massage your wrist, and if you can find them, there are these chinese iron balls that you can roll around in your hand that help out a great deal too.

A sore wrist is pretty normal for how long you've been playing and it's no big deal, but there is a point where you can do a lot of damage to your wrists too, so moderation is the key here.

Any kind of anti-inflammatory drug will help, asprin tylenol whatever, the stronger it is the more it helps. But, I don't recommend this on a frequent basis, it gets rid of the pain sure, but you can do damage to your wrist and not even know about it until it's far far to late.
Last edited by icronic at Aug 25, 2006,
a good way to strengthen your wrist is to masturbate for 72 hours
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
my wrist does the same thing after about 45 minutes and ive been playing for a little over a year
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Quote by Sean-Man

I think not ..lol
Quote by Sean-Man

sigged
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
If it hurts, just stop for a little bit and let your wrist get some rest. If you try to just play through the pain you could hurt yourself.
My Stuffs:
-ZZ Ryder Empire (with Wilkinson trem.)
-Marshall Lead 12
-Ibanez Metal Screamer
-Zoom 505ii (was only $15, and came with an skb case)
-Crate FXT120
1) your wrist is not straight
2) you are building up tension on your muscles and nerves
3) you are compressing your central median nerve
4) you are asking for carpal tunnel syndrome.
Last edited by Invictious at Aug 26, 2006,
Hey maybe you're suffering from tunnel syndrom or repetitive syndrom (whatever they call it) for every 30 minutes you should take a break and excersice your arm.. jus do simple exercises like wriggling.. twisting.. for about 5 minutes.. take a short rest and continue rocking!! this applies to typing too.. stress too long and be prepare to operate your arm..
Quote by Invictious
1) your wrist is not straight
2) you are building up tension on your muscles and nerves
3) you are compressing your central median nerve
4) you are asking for carpal tunnel syndrome.

he's correct
when your playing, keep your hand AND arm COMPLETELY lose, rest the ball (if your hold your hand up in front of your face the bottom left part) LOSELY against your bridge, nothing else whould touch the guitar, cept your pick. remember, rest not push your hand against the bridge

oh and also keep your unused fingers completely loose and hold the pick as loosely as you can without it falling when you strum. it'll take some getting used to, but if you get used to this stuff now, it will save you the hell i'm going through now
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build