Would locrian with a sharpened 6th be called harmonic minor or would it have a different name?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Locrian with a #6 would be called Locrian 6. (1 - b2 - b3 - 4 - b5 - 6 - b7)... which is the second mode of the harmonic minor scale.
how about the Phrygian Mode with a raised 7th? i was messing around with it and decided to manipulate it, thus resulting in "i wonder what the hell this is called"...also, would the Phrygian mode with a flat 7 be Phrygian Dominant?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Phrygian with a raised 7th is just Phrygian 7. Not really a mode of anything..

Phrygian with a flat 7 is just Phrygian (1 b2 b3 4 5 b6 b7)

Phrygian with a natural 3 is Phrygian Dominant (1 b2 3 4 b5 b6 b7)
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
oh alright, i just assumed that a b7 would make it dominant like a chord or something...i'm not very familiar with these "foreign" modes
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Nah, just a b7 isn't enough to make it dominant. The dominant function comes from the 3 and b7, while Phrygian has a b3 and b7. That's just a minor mode.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
ahh, that makes perfect sense
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!