Hi, I'm new and I have a few questions.
First, how am I supposed to play this ?

|--------|-----------|
|--------|-----------|
|-11-10-9-7-|
|-xx-xx-x-x-|
|-11-10-9-7-|
|--------|-----------|

What does it mean by playing the tones of these chords?
And what are the powerchords of these chords?

[C#m] [G#] [C#m] [A] [Em]
E|-----4-|-----4-|-----4-|-----0-|-------2-|-----0-----|
B|-----5-|-----4-|-----5-|-----2-|-------4-|-----0-----|
G|-------|-----5-|-------|--2--2-|-------4-|-----0-----|
D|---6---|-------|---6---|--2----|----4----|-----------|
A|-4-----|---6---|-4-----|-------|--2------|-2-2-------|
E|-------|-4-----|-------|-------|---------|-----------|

mmk to play the first part u put ur middle and ring fingers put them on the 11's then take ur index and put it on the string with the x...but do not press down just touch it till its muted...x's signify mutes...i cnt read second part do this : type [*code] [/*code] type inbetween only without the stars
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Quote by Muphin

staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
E-------4 <--------Power
B-------5 <--------Chords

D-------6 <----Picked
A----4 <----Separately
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i think to play the tone means to let it ring out ..that is what gives a note its flavor (timbre) i could be wrong tho... looking for a chord go here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113961
Quote by Muphin

Quote by MaterialPain
Hi, I'm new and I have a few questions.
First, how am I supposed to play this ?

|-11-10-9-7-|
|-xx-xx-x-x-|
|-11-10-9-7-|
|--------------|

Play the first chord by placing your index finger on the 11th fret, A string, then your second finger on the 11th fret, G string. When playing it, you want to mute the D string with the edge of your first finger, so it doesn't ring. You play the other chords the same way, just on the indicated frets.

Quote by MaterialPain

What does it mean by playing the tones of these chords?

Playing the tones would probably be playing the root note of the chords. In the above example, we'll use the first chord:

|-11-|
|-xx-|
|-11-|
|---|

These chord would be an F#2, because it contains the notes G# and F#. F# is the root of the chord (even though it's the second note in order of playing) and G# is the 2nd of the root. Therefore, it is an F#2.

If you want to play the tone of a chord like this, you'd play the root, which would be F# for the first one (the 11th fret on the G string). F, E, and D are the roots for the rest of the chords.

Quote by MaterialPain

And what are the powerchords of these chords?

[C#m] [G#] [C#m] [A] [Em]

I'm not going to quote the diagram you gave not only because it is all jumbled up, but because you have the answers right in the name of the chord.

See the names? To create a powerchord, we take the root of the chord and add its 5th. Thus, it would go:

e--------------------|
B--------------------|
G--------------------|
D--6-----6-----4-----|
A--4--6--4--7--2--2--|
E-----4-----5-----0--|

In order, from left to right, it's C#5, G#5, C#5, A5, B5, E5. There are the powerchord for the open position chords you showed.