hey i've checked out the video lesson on UG about sweep picking and maybe im retarted but i still dnt get it...can someone refer me to another video or maybe just explain this video better?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_sweep_picking.html
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
idk that video was fine for me..ur not going to just be like ohh thats how and do it u have to practice whta he shows u every day it could take almost a month before it jus clicks..just do the drills he says EXACTLY like he syas, dont pick the notes, your just gliding down the strings
kk wait lets say i play a g chord:

e|-3-------------3------------
B|-3-----------3--------------
G|-0---------0-------------
D|-0-------0------------
A|-2-----2------------
E|-3---3----------------
i play it like that?
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
well you dont play the g chord like that...thats a g major arpeggio. i think what mark seal meant was that sweeping is like a slower version of strumming
Start off slow. The sweeping technique is very difficult. Learn your arpeggios before you try to get sweeping down.

Here is an educational video. Enjoy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Th5oEvvlKOg
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Crimsonashes,
I had the same problem when I tried to sweep pick. I found if I made the position with my chord hand and only press down on the position all at once for a split second as I strummed across the strings it gave me a understanding of the function. I found that eventually your fingers would roll in sequence with your pick and go down separately. If you think about it, you?re just rolling your fingers crossed strings. This might not be the best way to understand this function, but it worked for me. Check out the home site.
Man, that was a sweet video. The main thing is not to rush it. Sweeping has taken me a long, long time to feel comfortable with. I still cannot do it as well as I would like or as fast.

Try doing like he said and start with 2 or 3 string sweeps, my main problem was with my right hand picking the notes instead of letting my pick sweep across the strings. I had to practice many hours to get over that bad habit. Now I just have to keep picking up the pace until I get to where I want to be.

Just keep practicing, it wont come overnight but it WILL come.!!!!!
I have been playing electric guitar for almost 2 years, i can tap, I can do hard-stretchy solo patterns, I can also run up and down scales pretty fast, but I still dont get what sweeping is

Probably I can do it, but Im dont know that Im doing it

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Watch one of the videos.... then you'll know what sweeping is.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Actually, both of videos are great!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Check out this video immediately http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mbx03mP5eg . It helped me and i only have been playing two months and i can already do three and four string sweeps easily. Trust me, this WILL help you.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
What helped me a lot with sweep picking was learning that solo from Crossroads, Its on here, if ya type in Crossroads on search and then go to Steve Vai. That will help you a lot, just keep practicing it slow and the notes will start to come natural to you.
My Music
[thread="475365"]My Fender Strat[/thread]
Starter of the Caught my Guitar on Fire club.
Sweep picking is a an easy concept to understand -- you pick one note per string
in a single direction using a continuous pick stroke. Low to High strings
is a down pick, High to Low is an up pick. That's it.

Anyone that thinks they can really learn it in a day or two is probably fooling
themselves. Rythymically controlling it in a lot of different situations is pretty
difficult and requires a lot of practice.