i have a vox ad30vt, and i recently tried playing some of my effect pedals through the amp, and i didnt have much sucess, when i turne dthe wah pedal on like the volume went rly low and i couldnt even hear a wah effect at all, is it just the amp i have or is it my pedal, if it is my amp is thier anyways to make so it isnt like that?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Sounds like your pedal. I cant think of any reason why your amp would take pedals well. Try your wah on the clean channel?
hm it might be one of my cords or the battery, i cant believe i didnt think of the battery, now i notice that the batt check light is dim and it seems like i remember the cord i was using shorted out once, now i just gotta get a 9 volt...
I've read that modelling amps don't take kindly to effects pedals. Messes with the "modelling" cuircitry, apparently.
These go to eleven...
Im running 4 pedals through my AV50VT right now, its perfectly fine. I just find you cant have them all at once when your not playing (makes a bad hiss), but I think thats from my power supply.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
hm ok, well once i get some batteries or an adapter today ill try it out again and ill see if its just my pedals or the amp
JesseIbanez or threadstarter...have you tried a distortion pedal through that amp? I have the 30 watt...and a Metal Master on the way....I hope it will work normal through the clean channel...I think it would, but who knows?
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
AC/Zeppelin/DC, I use a Metal Zone (I know its a bad pedal) through it on the clean channel. To be honest, it sounds great (with my CS-3) and i love my tone, at LOW volumes, the kind of volume you play at home with. As soon as you crank it it isnt anything special, gets all broken up and super distortiony, it sucks.

In band practice I usually just use the amp distortion instead because it just sounds so bad, even though i dont really care for the amp distortion either. Then again, the VOX isnt a tube amp so ill stop complaining
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
i just bought a new adaptor and my effects seem to be working fine with the amp, i guess it was just the battery, thanks for the help
how far up on the volume can you go? Loud enough?
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
what do u mean? the master volume on the amp, like how loud it can be?
Well its just the more you increase the volume the worse it gets, I turn my 50VT up like 40% on Master Volume and then its pretty bad, that usually what I use for band practice. But it gets SUPER bad at like 60%+
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
o well i rly cant turn it up that loud cause of neighbors and stuff lol, most ive turned it up was like 50% i think and it sounded ok to me, i dont rly remember. i wasnt payin attention to it i was just jammin