Sorry about the title, i didnt know how to describe it. Anyway, on my 7-string guitar, a lot of the time when i play, i end up pushing down the 7th string so it hits the bridge pickup (by the way i rest my hand on the strings when i play), causing an annoying noise that interupts my playing and makes it sound not as clean as it should. Im not even pushing down hard, just resting there. I need to raise the action a little, but it doesnt help much. I also might try to lower the pickup. Does anybody know what kind of effect this will have on the sound?

Anyway, could anybody help me with this problem, and give suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

7 Strings are meant to have the strings way away from the pickups usually. I can't see how your strings could possibly hit your pickup, unless you've just got your pickups way too high.
no, the pickups arent high. Its got a floyd rose, and it just looks like the strings are really really low.

I might as well go raise the action right now. The reason i didnt do it before is because i cant play anymore as my parents are asleep.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
no, the pickups arent high. Its got a floyd rose, and it just looks like the strings are really really low.

I might as well go raise the action right now. The reason i didnt do it before is because i cant play anymore as my parents are asleep.

Volume down?

And this happens to me on my strat, it's the pickup height though.
alright, thanks.
I cant play with the volume down much, because their room is right down the hallway, and i've tried it before. Somebody still wakes up.

Now my dillemma is trying to find that stupid allen wrench -.-
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Rrrrr...whatever, i'll fix it later. Also, just incase i cant find it, does anybody know what size of an allen wrench it takes to fit the locks on the floyd rose nut? Thanks
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

I lost my allen wrench too.

What I did was I took small wire cutters (you can use pliers), and took a rubber band. Then I put the rubber band over the nut pieces and turned them with the wire cutters.

Just don't snap the strings! I have a strat btw.
okay, sorry, last thing. I found the wrench and a screwdriver, raise the action a little, and lowered the pickup. It solved my problem
Thanks to everybody who helped
O.S.I.

Check out my profile