well, i want to put a humbucker in my guitar, a hohner rockwood lx99(strat style body), what humbucker could be a good choose, and what do i need to install it
Last edited by deluxity at Aug 25, 2006,
Any high output Seymour Duncan or a Gibson 57 Classic. I have a 57 Classic and it is awesome for those Classic Rock tones as well as blues, and even some metal
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
if you can go with a gibson humbucker.......or a dimarzio.......but i dont know much about putting them in.....just which ones ive used in the past which were great
"the electric church"

---------------
Squier Standard Strat
Fender Highway one Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
...soon to be more added
, well, i think i'm going to use a dimarzio superdistorion, i got the money, i know i have to adjust the pickguard to make it fit, but, do i need to cut the wood too?
the pup u pick depends on the type of music u play.

and u just need to see look under the pickguard to see if there's room under the bridge spot. depending on the model strat, it might be routed for a single or wide enough to fit the humbucker.

if it fits then u need an HSS guard or to cut the guard u have.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
the pup u pick depends on the type of music u play.

and u just need to see look under the pickguard to see if there's room under the bridge spot. depending on the model strat, it might be routed for a single or wide enough to fit the humbucker.

if it fits then u need an HSS guard or to cut the guard u have.

i'm going to cut the pickguard for sure, now, i'm going to look under to see what else do i need to cut
YOu could get a Hot Rail. It is by Seymour Duncan. it Is a humbucker shaped like a single coil.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
LAF, well dude, dont cut anything until u look.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
LAF, well dude, dont cut anything until u look.

obviusly i got to cut the pickguar, not now of course
yeah, i was hoping u meant after u look. i just couldnt tell for sure from ur post.
ud be surprised at some of the responses we get around here.

cutting a guard can be difficult. u dont want it to look amaturish. so u might want to make a template and find out the best blade to use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

seymour duncan sh-5
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff