Hey, I'll admit it right off the bat: I'm no carpenter and have no background in major tool usage. But I would like for that to change in hopes of building some really cool music related stuff in the future. I'm basically looking for a small project or two to get me started on my quest for learning the tricks and trades of building gear. I know my friend is building a whamola (weird, bass-like instrument) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any other weird instruments like that that are realistic to make (I'm by no means within range to build my own guitar or anything). So does anyone know of any cool, simple instruments or anything of the like that I could build?
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston
You could build some morrocos. lol
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Start with learning how the wiring works on a cheapo strat.(thats what most people start out on, use your least valued guitar that you kinda like or theres no point doing it) clean up the wiring, learn how to wire a master tone. Then go to whatever else you want to do.
if you want to build something very easy from scratch, i would suggest a whamola. search for it on the thread search. trust me it'll be worth it
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
A pedal board is always good for some basic construction/assembly-based learning. Opening up your guitar and seeing how it works is always good as well, changing the pickups or rewiring it can really teach you a lot about how everything works in there.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile