Will they be much different in sound?

I'm looking for the heaviest sound ala Machine Head, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains.

I have a Les Paul Studio and I'm debating about putting EMGs in it or selling it to buy the ESP Eclipse LTD. I'm just afraid I'll regret getting rid of my American made LP for a foreign made ESP (Japanese or Korean I think) as far as resale and value goes. Or sink another $250 in my LP having EMGs put in.

decisions, decisions
In just my opinion. Idk about anybody else.

But I'd say put EMG's in your Gibson.

Because if you sell it to buy an LTD.

Your a ****ing moron lol

But as I said, just my thoughts.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
sell it and get an actual esp..not an LTD, like an ESP Standard Eclipse.
Go get your shovel.
Well how much cash u got to spend if you sell your Gibson?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
You'll have trade-offs and such you'll make. The ESP has a significantly thinner neck and IMO, better tone and is over-all a better bang for your buck. It has a similar tone to a Les Paul, but still distinct. I'd say it's somewhere between an LP and an SG.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
What's wrong with Korean and Japanese-made instruments? NOTHING. The Washburn custom shop is in Korea, ffs.
If you like to play your Gibson don't sell it. That's just stupid, but if you want an ESP moe than you Gibson then sell it and get an ESP, but make sure it's not an LTD. After playing a Gibson the LTDs fells like paper.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
^I agree (after comparing my gibson sg special faded to my friend's LTD EC-500, the latter felt OK, but sounded horrible, or maybe I just don't like EMG's)

Whatever you do, don't sell or give away the pickups in your LP. Keep them in a closet somewhere if you want to put EMG's in there, but if you want a huge resale value in 20 years, you'd better still have those original pickups!
Ya that really the only thing Gibsons have a lot better resale than ESPs do. So if your concerened about that then just get the emgs and keep the original pick ups. But in all reality you can get a gibson 500t in the bridge and 496r in the neck and they are very hot just like emgs and it wont hurt your resale value
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by SynGates7X

sell it and get an actual esp..not an LTD, like an ESP Standard Eclipse.

In all likelihood, all I'll have for a new ESP after I were to sell my LP was $800-$900 at best.

Quote by jezjr48

http://www.digitalplayroom.com/esp/trucksterltd.htm

i think you should get this esp...........that guitars really sweet i have it......its got screaming highs and sweet low ends......and it comes with a flight case and its got a lifetime warranty its an awesome deal and it will give you the heavy sound you desire

I played this exact guitar yesterday and it sounded better than my LP studio. Maybe it was just the pickups and the style of music I play - mostly metal and metalcore. The shop was going to do an even trade for my LP. I would be an idiot to trade for that guitar - I really don't like the paint and the dummy switch at the top. It did sound good though.

I really like the Sperzel locking tuners on the ESPs. My LP came with brushed hardware like the baritones. I wish I could put the locking Grovers on but I can't find them in the brushed finish.
Yeah, I think the Truckster is pretty ugly, but the pickups is probably what made it sound good. Did you check out Metallica when they played at the Rock and Roll HOF? When they were playing Iron Man and James did the second solo, he changed to his Truckster and it sounded better than his Gibson LP Custom. Thank god you have a LP Studio and not a Standard or Custom since putting EMGs in one of those would be really stupid. Oh and to the idiot who said you would be a f*cking moron for trading your guitar for a LTD, its only a Studio bud, not a Standard. Anyways, if you will only have that much, then I suggest this .
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
Yeah, I think the Truckster is pretty ugly, but the pickups is probably what made it sound good. Did you check out Metallica when they played at the Rock and Roll HOF? When they were playing Iron Man and James did the second solo, he changed to his Truckster and it sounded better than his Gibson LP Custom. Thank god you have a LP Studio and not a Standard or Custom since putting EMGs in one of those would be really stupid. Oh and to the idiot who said you would be a f*cking moron for trading your guitar for a LTD, its only a Studio bud, not a Standard. Anyways, if you will only have that much, then I suggest this .

I like the black EC-1000 but hate the gold hardware. Carlino's will swap the gold out for the black on the STBC but I really don't like the flashy abalone binding either.

I think I'll just keep my LP and put EMGs in it.
Quote by Danno13
What's wrong with Korean and Japanese-made instruments? NOTHING. The Washburn custom shop is in Korea, ffs.

Exactly. In fact, Japanese Gibsons are considered better than a lot of American Gibsons and IMO, Japanese guitars just have better craftsmanship 99.9% of the time. If you wanna save money, check out Edwards Guitars. They're a Japanese company and the company that ESP originated from. They make high quality Gibson, Fender and Ric copies and I've heard a lot of people say they're better than most Gibsons.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
made in japan is the best thing in the whole wide world.

anything made in japan has the best workmanship anywhere else. unlike made in china or made in watsoever country.

u kno that right ? like guitars, cameras, computers, consoles, cars, video cameras, anything.

lol. u may bash on me with this. oh well. that's just my opinion.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

1. i am a ****ing ESP ***** so everything i say is half correct and half biased.

2. save your money sell the Gibson and buy a ESP Eclipse II FM w/EMG's it comes with 81 in bridge and 60 in neck but depends on year model.

3. Edwards yes theyre ****ing great but they are only better than LTD Deluxe by a slight margent and are lower than ESP Standard Series but quality wise pretty much well done and very ****ing affordable

4. ts ESP are made in Japan, LTD above 300 are made in Korea and LTD below 300 are made in Indonesia

5. try both models out and get a feel of each model, the only gripe i have with Eclipse's well some models are the ****ing pots and knobs that they used the feel so ****ing cheap and wobble around too much, im thinking that i can actually ****ing break one of them cleanly off.

6. and ts there is no such thing as a LTD Eclipse its an EC sorry but im just picky about the terminology used for ESP/LTD guitars so much that it can actually give the company a bad name in quality wise.

7. im purchasing a ESP Eclipse II Fm soon and for sure its the most sexiest thing in the world.

8. with the Truckster the case always comes free when buying in the Standard Series above for all guitars trust me so do you think you will still get a deal if they had not included the free case section. look they even highlighted Free so yeh

9. ts what amp do you use?

10. i would still say get an Eclipse like said the thinner neck helps if you wanna slide up more even though its still got a painted neck i found it quite easy to slide up
japanese > american anytime...
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.