im starting a custom guitar from scratch. i was wondering what the price would roughly come to if i were to buy all the electronics like the volume and tone controlls with 2 humbuckers and the wiring for the input jack. and anything else i forgot lol. the parts dont have to be top of the line im kinda lookin for a base price. thanks
For all the hardware a couple hundred depending on how much your wanting to spend. If you are needing wood too and are looking to build the whole thing from scratch, roughly $800 and up. Most of my builds go from $1,000 all the way up to $5,000 depending on what is wanted, the complexity of the design. Now mind you thats including parts and labor, but a high end guitar can run up to $1,500 to build a highend high market guitar such as a strat or les paul style. It basically just depends on what you want to do and what you have already.
Depends what you want.

okay, so you have the body (or at least the wood). So how do you want to set it up?

H/S/S
s/s/s
H/H
H/s/H
H
H/s
s/s

I would just use a master tone and a master volume.

So you have to buy your pickup config. Then you get whatever switch(es?) you want. Then search online and find a rough idea of what the parts will cost.