Page 1 of 4
i was planning to shoot my SG with a 9mm or a .38 caliber... hopefully no magnums...

somehow, if i shoot near the edge, will the tone degrade?

i kinda like the look of a gunshot on wood...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

that is just dumb...
My Music
[thread="475365"]My Fender Strat[/thread]
Starter of the Caught my Guitar on Fire club.
^
why so?

i might work
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Please don't do it. Find some other way. You'll **** up your guitar for good.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
You're joking right?
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Tone is an opinion. You might like it better with the gaping hole. You might not. It shouldn't make too much of a difference but it seems like a waste of bullets to me. And I think you'll regret it.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Dude just draw a hole that was 'supposedly' made by a bullet.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ahahaha! looks like lots of 'cons out there...
Quote by tubab0y

It can't be too good for your guitar, but if you go through with it, post pics
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
^ I'm with tongue on this one. Dude go for it. If you've got the balls to "bust a cap in its ass" as you kids say, then I'll tip my hat to you. And Ive got some info that you'll find out if you do decide to shoot it, to go along with tongues info.
Do it! I wanna hear the rednecks advice. Although I have my own opinion on what will happen lol.
I think you're going to split the wood. I don't foresee the bullet going straight through.
Hi, I'm Peter
Just be warned that your warranty will be voided.
Spyder F-16

Lead Vocals/Guitar II of NameLess Children
^ lol........... im not that red neck. well i am, but not quite enough to be called a red neck of the interweb. so lets call me " tonuge" or T_U" or toungue untied...... ya>?

aww- wat the hell, i dont give a **** ne way, lol
what kind of sg is it? Epiphone, Gibson, or other?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by Spyder-F16
Just be warned that your warranty will be voided.

ahahaha thats awsome

.... any way thats is so redneck and everyone who says go for it wants something bad to happen... it will depend what you shoot it with but chances are its gonna split.

and are we talkin a gibson cuz i definetly wouldnt do it then.... unless you have the money of course..... then buy me one
When you shoot that guitar with anything greater than a .38 from a hundred yards or so, it is gonna be seriously ****ed up. It might just break in half. Seriously, if you do this you are retarded and should put away the gun before someone gets hurt.
I kinda like the idea, although it may or may not work. Stand as far back as you possibly can while still being able to hit wherever it is that you want the hole at. You might could put something in front of the guitar for the bullet to pass through, so it will slow down a bit before impact. The only thing is that sg's are so thin as it is that it might split the guitar. You might need a thicker guitar. Like I said though cool idea.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Do it.

Propelling metal slugs at speeds matching the speed of sound at your expensive musical instrument can only lead to good.
OK I go ahead and say this. Bullet Physics 101:

The further away you stand the slower the bullet will be traveling at time of impact. If you put something in front of the guitar for the bullet to penetrate first it will again slow down too much. Both of these will caue the bullet to either lodge into the wood, or break off a big chunk of it. If you stand too far back it will cause the bullet to mushroom out the exit hole making the "wound" look like a V. If you do decide to shoot it, stand about 10 feet from it. The bullet will be traveling fast enough to get complete penetration with little mushroom effect on the exit. But all that being said it still depends on wether or not you fucking break the guitar from the force of a bullet slamming into it at super sonic speeds.
Quote by tongue untied
do it

please do it

dont listen to any one, do it, and post pics

and then i will tell you seomthing you should know

lmao you've gotta do it now man and post pics and make a huge deal about it ..this i got to see!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
i would actually pay to see this.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
buy a 100 dollar piece of crap and shoot that first

take off the hardware first...anythign that can get wrecked or cause the bullet to ricochet
Last edited by mutated_riff at Aug 26, 2006,
He does always run the risk of being a horrible shot and end up putting the bullet through something important like the guitar.

But seriously what if he blows a hole in the neck or something.... I will shit myself if he just blows the neck clean off.
Me too!
Video!

(Dumb idea btw.)
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I'd duct tape down the edges of the guitar pody, around where you want to shoot it.
I think that would reduce the chances of splitting off chunks of the body.
I admit it would be cool...it would absolutely slaughter the resale value though. The guy should take it into consideration before he starts popping off slugs at his guitars...

I agree, I want vids!
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I admit it would be cool...it would absolutely slaughter the resale value though. The guy should take it into consideration before he starts popping off slugs at his guitars...

I agree, I want vids!

just so u know you dont pop a slug u pop a bullet then after it hits its a slug

sry just a pet peve of mine
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
so would this be called

"a gunshot to the headstock of trebidation"
???

i really hate matt heafy but whatever
use stupid puns where applicable
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by RAGEING_BAD_@$$
just so u know you dont pop a slug u pop a bullet then after it hits its a slug

sry just a pet peve of mine

STFU n00b!
Shooting you guitar with a 9mm is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen. Everybody know you should only shoot your guitar if you use a shotgun.
Not taking any online orders.
you know you could drill a hole in your guitar and tell everyone you shot it. you risk the chance of you possibly destroying your guitar that way.

but shoot it anyway. i'd do it but, you know, it's my guitar. wreck yours and give us all a video.

just remember to shoot it sideways gangsta style or matrix. some flair for the video.

and don't miss and hit some lady. i hear that's not allowed in most places and she might not fancy it much.