i have read here on this website numerous times about which woods were good to build a guitar neck...or even wood that is good on a guitar already fabricated...however in my quest nothing has ever given a good wrap to the rosewood. Is this b/c is it not a good wood? many famous bands play with rosewood on the fretboard..one example i can think of is synyster from a7x. i am wondering b/c articles i have read have only mentioned alder, basswood, maghony..etc. thx!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
So are you wondering why rosewood isn't used for the neck and body?
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
well that..but if it is any good i mean most guitars are made of it...is it really that bad of a wood..
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Aight rosewood is supposed to be one of the best toneful woods out there. That is why it's commonly on the fretboard where the strings are touching the guitar. The reason it isn't used on the body and neck is because it would be so heavy that it would feel like you were carrying around a sack of bricks (or had a sack of bricks in your lap depending on if you were sitting or not)
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
rosewood is used for the fretboard, but it's too brittle to make the rest of the neck out of, and the tone would be so bright your ears would bleed. great for balancing the attack tone of the fretboard though.
^ lol no.

Rosewood can be used for pretty much anything. It's most commonly used for fretboards and acoustic briges and backs and sides. It can be used for neck and even bodies, i think prs does a guitar with a rosewood neck and there are other builders who use it as well. george harrison harrison had a all rosewood tele.
Quote by dave293
george harrison harrison had a all rosewood tele.

Screw the idea to make one of them then.

Warmoth do rosewood necks and bodys.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .