i know this forum gets enough posts about getting new basses, but i havent got many people to ask. i posted one more before at "the pit" but i wanted to know what you guys thought.

so im looking for a bass guitar that would be very high quality. a prefer a thinner neck like jazz basses, however ive been told a precision would work better for me genre of rock (audioslave, maybe ratm or rhcp). ive looked into fender basses but i dont know much for any other brand.

p.s. i havent looked into zones or dimensions. can somone explain to me the difference if they can? thanks.
Well if your looking for a thin neck check out the Ibanez Sr series, very thin necks.
I think a jazz bass would suit you, considering both tim commerford and flea use Jazz basses.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
to bassdudenick, i find that its easier to move around the neck with a thinner neck. ive tried out some jazz fenders and it really is easier for me.
Quote by Forcemaster
I think a jazz bass would suit you, considering both tim commerford and flea use Jazz basses.

This is true. I'd try everything out and just see what I like though.
Quote by smashdpmpkn1979
Check out the Schecter Stiletto. It's sexy.

what he said. Or, more acurately, what I said in your Pit thread.

Quote by Fett13
well, normally I'd say wrong forum, but everyone at the bass forum is sick of these threads, so it can stay here.

Other than that, I think a good one for you to try would be (and for once it fits your criteria, I'm not just whoring it out) the Schecter Stiletto Elite-4. It's schecter, so its high quality, and its got active electronics with EMG-HZ pickups. Its has a nice thin neck (thinner than any jazz bass you'll find). The sound you can get with it are near endless, anything from a sound reminicient of old Rush, to a hard deep sound at home in any metal band. Try one out if you get the chance, they're great basses (I own one. Black Cherry FTW!). It'll also only run you around $600 USD + tax, so it won't stick you in debt to get one. Check it out if you can.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
if you want a thin and fast neck, get an ibanez soundgear. they're really thin and comfortable to play on.
Quote by Fett13
what he said. Or, more acurately, what I said in your Pit thread.

Fett, do you happen to know if the Customs have the thin neck as well? *hopes*
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Near as I can tell, they are identical with the exception that the Elite is neckthrough instead of bolt-on, and they have different color schemes (*COUGHblackcherryCOUGH*. I think all the specs are the same though. They definately felt the same (neck-wise) when I played them though. I still like the Elite better, but whichever you like, go for it.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.