The well establashed greatness of Stevie Ray Vaughan has lead me to discover the obscure greatness of Jimmie Vaughn and by association, The Fabulous Thunderbirds. Unfortunatley, because of their lack of popularity, finding their music is kinda difficult. All I can really do is download the seven or songs on the internet and order their albums. Ordering albums takes time, so I wanna make sure I'm getting something good out of it. And since I can't do much downloading, I'm reduced to your opinions. Give me your thoughts on The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Jimmie Vaughan's solo albums to help pick what to get.

I would also like to pick up Family Style, which features both of the Vaughan brothers. Thoughts? Comments?

All this being said, refrain from comparing the two Vaughan brother with comments like "Stevie was way better" and "Jimmie is **** compared to Stevie." I know it's gonna happen.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I can't offer any advice, unfortunatly... I do have some opinions though.

I first heard of Jimmie Vaughn last night, when he opened for Bob Dylan. I saw ihs name on the poster and wondered if he was related, and then asked my dad. He said he knew Stevie had a brother... and once he said "Hello everyone, How ya doing tonight?!?!" We knew we had our man.

I loved every single song he played, down to every note, and I think that he is just as good as Stevie.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
Do you have the Crossroads festival DVD? Jimmie plays for a couple of songs on that, not with the thunderbirds though. But he has a very unique style
Quote by ledhed68
Do you have the Crossroads festival DVD? Jimmie plays for a couple of songs on that, not with the thunderbirds though. But he has a very unique style

Yes, I do. Only one of those is his though. I wasn't all that impressed by it.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Very cool player, I would like to hear more than I have though.
Don't be derivative. Explore...