Ok so i bought a tokai strat a while back. I love the way it plays and stuff, but i bought the guitar as a project so i can upgrade it in various ways. I'm now looking at improving the pickups. It has three single coils in it at the moment. I don't know wheter i can install a humbucker though. I'm looking for a classic vintage rock tone. Deep purple/Rhoads era Ozzy kind of sound. What pickups would you reccomend. (The price wont be a factor provided they aren't ridiculously overpriced)
my rig:
gibson les paul standard vintage sunburst with burstbucker pro pickups
marshall avt 150h and 412a cab
dunlop crybaby wah
boss dd-3 digital delay
you can probably upgrade to humbuckers without much hassle. pull the pickguard and see if it has a full cavern underneath or shaped ones. if its wide open all you need is a new pickguard and a lil bit of wiring. as far as what particular pickups to get i can't give you an informed answer as i've only ever really played with 2 guitars with humbuckers
ok. well i know a guy who fixes guitars professionally so i can ask him whether he can upgrade to humbuckers. If thats the case I would like to put a Dimebucker in the bridge and then maybe a seymour duncan alcino in the neck.
my rig:
gibson les paul standard vintage sunburst with burstbucker pro pickups
marshall avt 150h and 412a cab
dunlop crybaby wah
boss dd-3 digital delay