i am looking for a heavy meatal amp with at least 100 watts i wont the best i can get in the price range of $700 to $1000 in austrlian dollars

and im also look ing for a new guitar i would use manily for hard rock and heavy metal like metillica under $700 (austrlian)
you can get a line 6 spider II 2x10 (120 watts) for $300 US (not sure what the rate is in $AU)

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
full baked i love how ur sig says R.I.P metallica lol.

okay i checked its like $395 in AUD

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16

No it's not. It's not good at anything.

You should be looking into a nice tube amp. A 30-50 Watt tube amp will be loud enough for you. The Peavey 5150 is a great amp for metal. I'm not sure how much it goes for in Australian dollars, but you should have enough. Other options are the Marshall JCM 800, Ashdown's Fallen Angel Series, and maybe a used ENGL amp. Just don't get anything made by Line 6, they're complete crap.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
i use it and i play ****loads of metal. from judas priest to metallica/slayer to death to children of bodom to darkthrone to dimmu borgir (to give a good range of what i mean). it has the best distortion (in my opinion). its a pretty loud amp too, you can play over drums to jam wtih em.

you can customize 4 foot petal channells. in the sound section, there are 12 preset sounds, 6 kinds (there are 2 of each). Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, Insane. Metal is good for the lower-distortion metal, and the insane channell is for the heavier ****. Others are good for what they are labeled. Then otherwise you can play with the drive, high mid and los, have different effects such as reverb, delay (you can set hte tempo as you need it), tape deck, chorus, tremolo, phaser, sweep echo. you can use all of these with the presets and make a channell.

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Carvin are the best amps imo, whether they are in your price range is another thing but check em out.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Ibanez RG321MH and Roland Cube 60? I've got the Roland Cube 30, it's fantastic for metal hehe. As for the Ibanez, I've played one in store and it's pretty damn good for the money.
if youre gonna play some heavy ****in metal

i would try ltd (cheap esp's) or jackson. go on their pages and look at the selection.

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Quote by Mwoit
Ibanez RG321MH and Roland Cube 60? I've got the Roland Cube 30, it's fantastic for metal hehe. As for the Ibanez, I've played one in store and it's pretty damn good for the money.

dude arent those portable practice amps?

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Quote by FullBaked
i use it and i play ****loads of metal. from judas priest to metallica/slayer to death to children of bodom to darkthrone to dimmu borgir (to give a good range of what i mean). it has the best distortion (in my opinion). its a pretty loud amp too, you can play over drums to jam wtih em.

you can customize 4 foot petal channells. in the sound section, there are 12 preset sounds, 6 kinds (there are 2 of each). Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, Insane. Metal is good for the lower-distortion metal, and the insane channell is for the heavier ****. Others are good for what they are labeled. Then otherwise you can play with the drive, high mid and los, have different effects such as reverb, delay (you can set hte tempo as you need it), tape deck, chorus, tremolo, phaser, sweep echo. you can use all of these with the presets and make a channell.

Have you ever played a good metal tube amp before? Have you ever played any amp other than the Line 6 Spyder before?

If you did than you would probably never play that P.OS. ever again. The amp is completely sterile sounding. And what you call "effects" are complete and utter crap. It's a bunch of horrendous effects that are added for versatility, but no one tried to make them sound any good. It's so hard to find a decent sound on that amp, and it's not worth the trouble.

Mr.Loomis_shred: Carvin makes great amps, but I don't think they would be for what the threadstarter is after. They have more of a smooth lead type sound, than th emetal sound he's going for.

blink+guitar: Can you tell me what kind of metal you play? It's a very diverse genre and I could help you more if you told me. Please don't go with the Line 6, you'll end up regretting it.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by FullBaked
dude arent those portable practice amps?

Not at all. You could be thinking of the microcube?
If you were using a roland i would use the clean section and put a pedal through it because the distortions are sort of muddy on it i thought.

As for the guitar i would check out maverick guitars, they are based in england but have extremely good guitars for very reasonable prices, i live in the uk so they are easy to get but they might be harder to get over there, were i live you could get a £300 maverick that would match up to a £500-£600 jackson. If you do find mavericks or can order them in i would try the species 1, very very good.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Maybe you are right chimaira but i think they are great for all genres but we still need to know what type of metal he plays as you said.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

i have played through a line 6 whate ever that dude told me it was alright but it doesnt really give you much of a feel it kinda feels fake it may be good but not for metal as for what type of metal i wont to play stuff like metillica but im not 100% sure got to find other good bands any suggeestions . but i hate screamo or any stuff like that thanks every one u have been a great help but i would still like more suggestions
a line6 doesnt deserve to have metallica played on it

are you looking for 100 watt solid-state or 100watt tube?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile