I'm talking songs that are so easy that if you can't play them, you should just hang it up. Suggestions?
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
I agree with Jaykib too.

Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden's another easy one. Enter Sandman, but I would hope you already know that. For Whom The Bell Tolls is also quite simple.

Smells Like Teen Spirit? Not strictly rock and definitely not metal, but if you can't play it you should probably put your guitar away.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...
Quote by Circus
I agree with Jaykib too.

Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden's another easy one. Enter Sandman, but I would hope you already know that. For Whom The Bell Tolls is also quite simple.

Smells Like Teen Spirit? Not strictly rock and definitely not metal, but if you can't play it you should probably put your guitar away.

Also, with Blood Brothers the solo is simple, and the whole song in general is epic, the mood is setting and very melodic...
WE'RE BLOOD BROOOOOTHERRRSSS!!! *sings off into distance*
*shrugs* I don't know...
Yeah, I don't know if you're just starting out (this is to the threadstarter) and you're looking for easy stuff so you can then progress, or if you're just raising this topic anyway, but assuming the former - Blood Brothers is a good song to start soloing on. It was the first song I ever solo'd for live (I really don't count the solos from Holiday and American Idiot ), and it really gave me the kickstart in technique - now I'm onto a lot more complex stuff like A7X, Trivium, and of course the harder Maiden solos and it's all 'cause of that one song.

And I'm starting to learn the ridiculously hard solos I wrote on Guitar Pro using the Scales tool the ones I wrote that sound awesome but that I couldn't play at the time

Quote by Rikifield
Quote by Circus
Yeah, I don't know if you're just starting out (this is to the threadstarter) and you're looking for easy stuff so you can then progress, or if you're just raising this topic anyway, but assuming the former - Blood Brothers is a good song to start soloing on. It was the first song I ever solo'd for live (I really don't count the solos from Holiday and American Idiot ), and it really gave me the kickstart in technique - now I'm onto a lot more complex stuff like A7X, Trivium, and of course the harder Maiden solos and it's all 'cause of that one song.

And I'm starting to learn the ridiculously hard solos I wrote on Guitar Pro using the Scales tool the ones I wrote that sound awesome but that I couldn't play at the time

I'm "new" in the sense that I played just a little bit about 10-15 years ago, but never really progressed in my playing. Very little practice certainly didn't help matters, but I have a renewed interest in playing once again.

My biggest obstacle in my playing is memorization. I picked up riffs here and there as well as parts of solos(as long as they're not with any speed at all), but never got on to a single song I learned all the way through.

I think if I would have had Guitar Pro or Power Tab 15 years ago, I probably wouldn't have given up on it. BTW, what is the scales tool?
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Quote by Circus
I agree with Jaykib too.

lol

I can do all of Sandman, minus the solo. Never tried For Whom the Bell Tolls, but definitely looks doable.

Never tried Smells like Teen Spirit. Those verses look pretty tough and that solo is killer. j/k

I never really got into Iron Maiden. After seeing some of their stuff suggested, they do seem fairly simple compared to others.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker

Do you have guitar pro? You know you can get up the fretboard near the top of the screen so it shows where all the notes are?

Click 'Scales' and you can pick from any scale (seriously any scale, even for example C#minor 7th Arpeggio) and it'll show all the notes on that scale on the fretboard - so you always know you'll be in tune, provided you change the scale with the chord it's great for writing solos, because you can go all over the place without actually having to play the solo on a real guitar... so it's good for people (like me then) who couldn't play lead for love nor money but really wanted to write it

Quote by Rikifield
Quote by forgop

I never really got into Iron Maiden. After seeing some of their stuff suggested, they do seem fairly simple compared to others.

Maiden don't try and be so epic, the sound comes naturally... Their chord progressions, there's nothing too technical about it you know it's very straight forward, but the lead work is good and many songs have alot of skill to adapt on.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by Circus
Do you have guitar pro? You know you can get up the fretboard near the top of the screen so it shows where all the notes are?

Click 'Scales' and you can pick from any scale (seriously any scale, even for example C#minor 7th Arpeggio) and it'll show all the notes on that scale on the fretboard - so you always know you'll be in tune, provided you change the scale with the chord it's great for writing solos, because you can go all over the place without actually having to play the solo on a real guitar... so it's good for people (like me then) who couldn't play lead for love nor money but really wanted to write it

Yes, I have it. I never noticed that feature of it before. I'll be sure to check it out.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker

It's definitely on GP5. I think it might be on GP4... but I'm not sure. But it's certainly very useful when composing solos and you can't be bothered to pick up a guitar :P

Quote by Rikifield
Quote by Circus
I agree with Jaykib too.

Oh come on! I never learned Smells like teen spririt and now I shred. But yeah I should have sold my guitar on eBay you're totally right.

An easy rock/metal song would be Iron Maiden - run to the hills if you don't play the solo. Learn the C major pentatonic/A minor pentatonic (it's the same scale) and improvise the solo to a backing track. It's a great song.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
Oh come on! I never learned Smells like teen spririt and now I shred. But yeah I should have sold my guitar on eBay you're totally right.

But I expect if you looked at the tab for it you could play it? True?

EDIT: Btw, I love the quote from the guy in your sig

Quote by Rikifield
Back in Black is another pretty easy tune, crowd pleaser too.
Most of Maiden's songs have easy rhythm parts with busy solos.
Detroit Rock City is an easy and fun song as well.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.