a metal song, not sure about the structure yet, but i really like how its turning out.

PORTAL
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at Aug 26, 2006,
As far as metal is concerned, I wouldn't really call that fast. It's pretty good, but the drumming patterns do not fit. And it's a bit too loud. It would sound a million times better without the drumming.

Guitars are good, no major flaws I've spotted, very good playing. Working on a good structure and maybe a extra riff (a good bridge is definately needed here) will help you improve and finish off your song.

Overall, nice work.
its not exactly fast as advertised but i dont really care its got alot of potential i liked it alot dude
thanks, haha ya when i wrote fast i was just thinking of the part starting around 20 seconds, every beat is actually 4 notes like

^-up
v-down

v^^v    v^^v
d---77------77-----
a-----00------00--
e--------------------

they blend a little but by muting the opposite string it works pretty well
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at Aug 26, 2006,
drums wont be a problem, i have a friend whos awesome, were going to get together soon. i really need to learn more theory and get better at the structure of songs, cus i can always make up pretty good riffs, i just suck at putting them all together haha. thanks for the crits, ill crit yours right now.
the intro sounds a lot like dragonforce "my spirit will go on." But i thought it was cool, i liked it
#99 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

the doors, led zeppelin, grateful dead, rolling stones, yes, yardbirds, neil young ,csny, elo, elp
haha well thanks ill take that as a compliment. dragonforce is awesome! and im seeing them in 2 weeks! soo stoked!
haha they came to charlotte, most amazing thing ever. This guy that works at a quizno's next to me told me he was in the house of blues down in wilmington seeing dimebag darrel and some other metal bands, and he turned to pass the joint to someone and it was dimebag

the doors, led zeppelin, grateful dead, rolling stones, yes, yardbirds, neil young ,csny, elo, elp
**** that would of been amazing to meet dimebag, i wish id seen Pantera (or damageplan) while they were still around. unfortunately the only time i could have was when i was like 13 (im 18 now). ive bought almost every pantera cd though haha.
I liked it, could of used a better bridge, overall very good, easy to listen to
yeah, i'm 17 and i still cant buy ****in cigarettes yet, and it makes me so mad, i can get pot easier than i can get cigs, wtf is up with that, but yeah, try an opeth like song

I used my Yamaha RGX-420S Drop 6, with a Korg Pandoras Box PX4 for distortion/effects and the drum beat.
im agreeing sounds cool. A little false advertised with fast. It could wor kwell with some vocals. Keep working on it.
Ha ha, Ive already tried to change the name but it wont let me change the thread title. You're right its not very fast, the fastest part is only about 7.5 notes per second. Im glad you thought it was cool though, I love playing it and Im going to keep working on it.
i actually liked the feel of the techno drums for some reason. the riffs sounded really erie over it i liked it though.
Quote by ready4thebreak
i actually liked the feel of the techno drums for some reason. the riffs sounded really erie over it i liked it though.

haha i dont mind it myself, theyre good to play with and practise timing. it kind of lets you focus on the guitar part more (i dont play drums, the tracks simply for keeping time)

Ive never played Castlevania, but ill assume they have good music if u liked it hahah.
damn good guitar. IMO drums volume too high anyway. New drums with and a little lower and it'd be perfect. Any tabs?
of course the drums suck, its a drum loop built into my distortion box (korg pandoras box px4) haha. im really glad you like my guitar playin though, ill be playing it with a real band very soon.
Quote by Craigo
the drumming patterns do not fit.

i think the problem is that the drum tempo should be 220 bpm but my Pandoras Box only goes up to 208 bpm (which is too slow for the song) so i put it on 110 bpm. thanks for all the crits everyone.