Page 1 of 2
For those of you who think the Rolling Stones are past it, I saw them last night in Hampden Football Stadium, Glasgow, Scotland, and they were unfuckingbelievable.

Anyone else been to see (in my opinion) the greatest live act on the planet during their Bigger Bang Tour?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Haven't seen 'em yet, they been in Portugal twice in the past few years but never in Lisbon!
I did however see Daft Punk, I don't know if you guys dig trance and techno, but daft punk was the best show I ever saw. And I've seen quite a few.
My parents went to see them last week at Twickenham and said it was really good but it was more of a show than a performance, although they did still have "it".
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Has Mick learned to sing yet? And do they still need 10 backup performers to make their songs sound good?
Quote by futurejp
Has Mick learned to sing yet? And do they still need 10 backup performers to make their songs sound good?

shut up
My Spanish Hearts
^ lol some one cant accept that they are way past there time.
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by FreddieMercury

My Spanish Hearts
When I listen to Stones recordings (album versions, I mean), there is some great writing. Yeah, Keith uses maj>suspended>maj type chord changes wayyyy too often, but there's still lots of great stuff.

Now, I'm a live music junkie, but I just never liked how the Stones played live. I think Mick's voice is very thin. A lot of times, he completely rushes words, like he wants them to just be over. Like "hey you, getoffamycloud"....you can hear the backup singers (!!) sing it the right way, and Mick finishes a mile before them. And I can never picture him holding out a note for more than a second...he's more of a talk-singer, but still doesn't do anything for me.

And the rest of the band is OK, but it seems to me that the backup musicians (horns, keyboardist, bass player) carry the real rhythm of the songs, and all Keith and Ron do are play little solo dittys, little fills, ....pretty much what anyone could do if they knew the song's key.

Now, I'm sure what I said isn't true for everything. But after watching Four Flicks, that's the biggest overall impression that I got.
For their age they are doing fucking well still touring but I can see what futurejp means about Mick rushing words and cutting notes short. They still rock though.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by FreddieMercury

coughcoughcoughqueencoughcoughfreddieisdeadcoughcough
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
^^haha.

I saw them in September last year, good show. My seats weren't too great, but I had fun.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I haven't bothered to see them, because from what I've heard they aren't really worth it anymore.

I mean, I wasn't told their concerts suck, but in comparison to what they once were they aren't anything special.

Then again, not every band has a great night every night, so maybe my friends who saw them just were unlucky and saw them when they weren't entirely great.

However, after watching their Super Bowl performance I wasn't too impressed either.
^Yeah, the Super Bowl performance was s***, but that probably has to with the whole Janet Jackson thing, ater all, Paul's performance the year before wasn't anything special either.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Last edited by BlueOyster23 at Aug 26, 2006,
Quote by freewheelinbird

im sorry that you can not accept that he had more talent then any singer you like. no reason to point out dead people...there are plenty and i dont think i ever said one thing about the CURRENT queen you ****in piece of ****.
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
^^You're right, Freddie was a better singer then Mick Jagger. And probably many other singers for that matter. But I'll say it again, he is not the only singer out there, and just because he had a very good voice, doesn't mean everyone likes him. Neil Young had a bad voice, however I love the way he sings.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^ i agree i like for example bob dylan but this guy has no respect if he has to make fun of dead people
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by FreddieMercury
^ i agree i like for example bob dylan but this guy has no respect if he has to make fun of dead people

I wasn't making fun of Freddie Mercury, I was pointing out the irony that you said the Stones were over the hill, when in your sig it says "QUEEN AND PAUL RODGERS WHATEVER DAY YOU SAW THEM" I wasn't trying to start anything, it was just funny to me. Sorry to offend.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
freewheelinbird and FreddieMercury, shut up. If you wanna argue please go and do it via PMs.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I have to throw in my piece about Freddie He was a great singer, period. I don't think the best, but great. BUT, Queen's songs were so filled with layers and layers of vocal harmonies that on the albums, they sounded great, but live, their songs sounded flat, like there were holes missing. And I think that's where it counts - you can use all sorts of studio trickery to get what you want, but if you don't sound good live, you're done.
i saw them last september and did Night Time is the Right time with Buddy guy which was amazing, buddy snapped a string during a solo which just made it more amazing, but when they did You Can't Always Get What You want, that was probably the best song they did, they had way more energy there than they did on the album.
Quote by andrewbiles
freewheelinbird and FreddieMercury, shut up. If you wanna argue please go and do it via PMs.

shut up, we were having a perfectly civilized discussion. i didn't make you read it. get on with your business
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
Quote by freewheelinbird
shut up, we were having a perfectly civilized discussion. i didn't make you read it. get on with your business

no matter how civilized your arguement was (notice the oxymoron) a mod is a mod, when he tells you to shut up, just shut up and get back to topic or else (warning? ban? who knows).

this is the 3525759259th you two argue about that issue already.
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by freewheelinbird

wow you might wanna get that checked out... sounds like strept
Quote by freewheelinbird

Roflban

Anyways..

I've had mixed opinions about seeing their live shows nowadays. I'll have to actually witness one, or several(not likely to happen though) to make an educated decision for myself. I'd be happy with one show though.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Every one is entitled to opinions and if we can not express our opinions and differentiate about them then there is something wrong with this forum
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by FreddieMercury
Every one is entitled to opinions and if we can not express our opinions and differentiate about them then there is something wrong with this forum

Alright, I'd watch what the **** you're saying (you too freewheelinbird). You might get a warning/ban. If a mod says something, its best to leave it alone and go on with the topic at hand. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, definately. If you want to say the Stones are past their prime, sure, say it. If he wants to mention Friddie Murcury being dead in a joking manner, than hes allowed to do so. And, due to this free speech, I'll say that I think Queen was past their prime in the 90's. Hell, even you (FreddieMurcury) have said that his voice wasn't the same. But no matter how bad his voice was, or whatever, you still worship them, and would go to a show if you had the opportunity and enjoy it. Same deal with the Stones. But, then again, its all opinion, isn't it? Please leave the topic alone. Take it to PM's if you must.

As for the Stones, I've heard mixed things. Mostly positive things about the show. I was going to go to one in Moncton, but I didn't make it there for when I had originally planned. I'm not a huge fan of the Stones myself, but I'd go just to see "Miss You". Awesome song

EDIT: And yes, I do realize that I told them to leave the topic alone, and then brought it up myself. But, well....I just don't have a reasonable excuse for doing it.
Last edited by deadhead313313 at Aug 26, 2006,
Quote by rx_eb
no matter how civilized your arguement was (notice the oxymoron) a mod is a mod, when he tells you to shut up, just shut up and get back to topic or else (warning? ban? who knows).

this is the 3525759259th you two argue about that issue already.

we never argue about it, well we have brought it up once but anyways...now that i know you're a mod, i best shut up.

well either way, whoever's over the hill, i'd see the stones anyday (if only tickets weren't insanely priced)
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
Can I have my thread back now please?

I've seen a hell of a lot of live music, and yeah a lot of the Stones was the performance side, but when 4 guys with a combined age of 237 strut onto the stage with fireworks, fire and smoke bursting from everywhere and suddenly just kick into Jumping Jack Flash with 40,000 people singing everyword, Mick Jagger prancing about stage like a 20 year old and Keef smoking away whilst kicking out the riffs, that is perhaps the epitomy of rock and roll for me.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Quote by Derigiberble
I've seen a hell of a lot of live music, and yeah a lot of the Stones was the performance side, but when 4 guys with a combined age of 237 strut onto the stage with fireworks, fire and smoke bursting from everywhere and suddenly just kick into Jumping Jack Flash with 40,000 people singing everyword, Mick Jagger prancing about stage like a 20 year old and Keef smoking away whilst kicking out the riffs, that is perhaps the epitomy of rock and roll for me.

*drool*

My Spanish Hearts
It's great to hear that they still have an awesome stage presence, even if their music isn't as good as it used to be...

I'm worried, though, that if I went to see them that there would be a lot of Stone "lovers" who have only heard, "Satisfaction", "You Can't Always Get What You Want", "Brown Sugar", and "Start Me Up".

Oh, well...

Do they play a lot of their blues songs anymore, or just their "radio" songs?
Ah yeah there was plenty of blues, Mick was playing guitar for a fair few. They also played some new material, it's not the same as the classics but it's still pretty awesome love.

Best song of the night was Sympothy for the Devil or Honky Tonk Woman.

Most of the fans there were pretty die hard. Almost everyone knew the words to every song, even a lot of the new stuff.
Quote by CornLord

Well I didn't pay for it, but I do own a copy. It's ok, couple of good track like Rough Justice, but nothing special, no classics anyway. I'd advise downloading rather than buying it. It's really not worth money.
Quote by CornLord

what is everyones favorite stones song. just pick one i dont like too much of them but id have to say cant always get what ya want
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Most of the fans there were pretty die hard.

Well, I don't think anyone buy a die-hard (mostly) would be willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for one seat.
Quote by futurejp
Well, I don't think anyone buy a die-hard (mostly) would be willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for one seat.

Mine ticket was £60 for a seat in the stands but the ones on the pitch next to the stage were probably about £125 at least.
Quote by CornLord

Oh, well I just looked at Ticketmaster, and lower level seating started at $160....hey, I like Sympathy For The Devil, but not that much.
Page 1 of 2