The guitar I want has a rosewood fretboard,but will it darken over time and become more of an ebony colour,which I prefer?
If it gets dirty <_<. I think it'll darken a little, but why do you really ca\re about fretboard colour....the only big difference is between rose/w and maple, other than that...pththth
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Yes, leave the neck under the sun for 12 hours.

But your neck might be messed up though if you don't do it properly.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
pththth

My thoughts exactly. . .

Just put a bunch of fast fret on the fingerboard when you change your strings, my rosewood is now all shiny and beautiful. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by tristan123/
The guitar I want has a rosewood fretboard,but will it darken over time and become more of an ebony colour,which I prefer?

set it on fire, then it will be as black as ebony.
or you can buy a stainer which will make the rosewood appear darker but it wont last long from what ive heard so you gotta keep re-applying it. anyway if you want an Ebony coloured fretboard buy an Ebony fretboard then
^what i was thinking.

rosewood doesnt get darker. it's either well conditioned and a rich brownish color.
or dry and a pale white-brown.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains/1/Black_Fingerboard_Stain/Pictures.html#details

something like this. some guys use kiwi shoe polish. but unknown what woods ud use it on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeh but that product (what jenny showed) is more to give Ebony the darker finish that you can see. if you fretboard becomes dry you could use Dunlop's fretboard conditioner. or the more expensive route which is to actually buy a ebony fretboard and well yeh you know what to do
^yea i saw, but it would probably work on a rosewood board too. they wont market it that way tho, because well, players usually start with the board they want.

to know for sure if its safe on rosewood u can prob call their techs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62