Who else has got to see them on their As the World Burns tour? I did last Tuesday, it was a phenomenal show. X played like they were in their prime, and the Rollins Band were very intense and very pissed off (compliments of Henry). In between songs on Rollins' set, my girlfriend (jokingly) yelled out "I LOVE YOU HENRY ROLLINS!" and he shot a really mean glare at her. It was quite funny. At the end of the night, she walked away with X's signed setlist, Billy Zoom's guitar pick, and a Rollins Band drumstick. I got my CD signed by Billy Zoom. All in all, it was a really cool night.
It was the best fuckin' show I've ever been to!

Billy Zoom is beastly. At the end of the set he took a picture of the audience which I found odd. X is ridiculously amazing live.

It was a really intimate show too because no one in Binghamton appreciates good music, and it was nice to see the bands playing balls out despite the small turnout!

Seeing Hank and the members of X up close was kinda surreal!
I would love to see that (even though I don't really like the Rollins Band), but there's no way I could go.
I would really want see X. I don't know much about Rollins Band, but Henry is always entertaining. It only would have been better if a boy shouted that he loved him. I would've lol'd. But, I've heard that X is always perfect live and that they sound like their records. Are they really that good?
They are just as good, if not, better than the records. Our friend Steve who runs Skinnies Records said they played that show like they did in their prime, twenty-something years ago.
I own "Live in Los Angeles." It's basically a studio album. They play so tightly. John Doe is definetly an underrated bass player.
John Doe is an amarzing performer also, he's the life of the show. Billy Zoom's guitar playing dazzles you while John Doe hops around the stage with endless energy. Exene just dances to herself and DJ pounds away. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Quote by Mild Vibe
I would really want see X. I don't know much about Rollins Band, but Henry is always entertaining. It only would have been better if a boy shouted that he loved him. I would've lol'd. But, I've heard that X is always perfect live and that they sound like their records. Are they really that good?

I saw X a bunch of times in the early eighties, and every gig was just awesome. You get the feeling that they just play with all their heart, and from what I've read, nothing's changed. If you get a chance to see them live - go!!!
Quote by MattTheArsonist
Who else has got to see them on their As the World Burns tour? I did last Tuesday, it was a phenomenal show. X played like they were in their prime, and the Rollins Band were very intense and very pissed off (compliments of Henry). In between songs on Rollins' set, my girlfriend (jokingly) yelled out "I LOVE YOU HENRY ROLLINS!" and he shot a really mean glare at her. It was quite funny. At the end of the night, she walked away with X's signed setlist, Billy Zoom's guitar pick, and a Rollins Band drumstick. I got my CD signed by Billy Zoom. All in all, it was a really cool night.

The show in Austin is sponsored by the U.S. Army, so I shan't be attending.
Frankly, I'm chagrinned that Hank would allow the Army to try and recruit at his show.

Does anyone know if this a one-off deal or did the U.S. Army sponsor more dates?

I
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo
The show in Austin is sponsored by the U.S. Army, so I shan't be attending.
Frankly, I'm chagrinned that Hank would allow the Army to try and recruit at his show.

Does anyone know if this a one-off deal or did the U.S. Army sponsor more dates?

I

........Really?!

There was no Army affiliation at the show I went to. (That I knew of)

The last thing I want to do at a show is listen to some guy from the army trying to recruit me. That would seriously annoy me. Must be a texas thing.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
IIt was a really intimate show too because no one in Binghamton appreciates good music, and it was nice to see the bands playing balls out despite the small turnout!

You live in Binghamton? My friend's brother goes to the university there.
Quote by hardrock1315
You live in Binghamton? My friend's brother goes to the university there.

That's cool. Binghamton University is a nice school.

Except Billy Baldwin is an alumni

On the plus side, so is the guy who wrote Blazing Saddles!

EDIT: oh, and so is Lee Ranaldo!!
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Aug 28, 2006,
Henry Rollins is pretty supportive of army stuff. He did a USO tour.

The Warped Tour had army recruiters, but I don't need to tell you how much that **** sucked.

My town is basically alive because of the army (Redstone Aresnal is here and most of the missles that we're shooting in Iraq are made/engineered here) so I'm used to Military Recruiters being everywhere. They're at our school almost every day. I'm the only kid in the school system with an opt-out letter filed. I tell them that I'm a conciencous objector. I don't really wanna have to register for selective service, but I think my dad is gonna make me because he's in the army.

**** the army though.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
My girlfriend went to the same show you did, Matt. I was here at school. She says Rollins was too busy trying to look like a madman to perform. She has a nice little rant about him.. haha

One guy I know got kicked out for screaming "Play some black flag!" a bunch of times. The drummer got pissed and threw something at him. Then the bouncer pulled him aside, the drummer bitched at him, and they threw him out.
This lady that was there next to us kept yelling, "SIX PACK!!!!" I thought Henry sounded just like he did on the records, his performance was fine. I was mainly transfixed by the music.
Quote by whyvern
Henry Rollins is pretty supportive of army stuff. He did a USO tour.

Yeah, I read about that.
He's using some weird logic, methinks.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/06/henry.rollins/index.html

'No beef with the military'

Rollins has been on several USO tours in recent years, including trips to Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait and Egypt. He said he usually does not perform but simply visits with troops -- posing for pictures, telling stories and trying to get a few laughs.

"I've been in Iraq, and it never occurred to me to go, 'Hey, this war is bogus,' to some guy who's 24 hours a day trying not to get shot at or blown up," he said.

He said his politics have not been an issue for military officials because "they're happy that I'll go out to places with elevated threat conditions willfully and they know that I like the troops, and that's the bottom line."

Rollins said he often meets fans in the field and tells them to e-mail him when they get home, so he can put them on the guest list when he comes through their town.

"I've met a lot of very fine men and women in the American military, and I don't have a beef with the military -- it's the war in Iraq I have a beef with. I just don't think it was the way to fight the war on terror," he said.

"Getting into a beef with the military about the war is to me like getting into an argument with a cop about the law; it's really not the person to take your grievances out on."

Quote by whyvern
The Warped Tour had army recruiters, but I don't need to tell you how much that **** sucked.

My very jaded view of that is that if those people are dumb enough to support the Warped Tour, then they're dumb enough to go overseas and die so that some oil billionaire can get richer.

I found this really funny.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1517535/20051206/index.jhtml?headlines=true

Warped Founder Tells Fraudulent Punk Bands To Stop Cheating Corporate Sponsors

"Basically I know all these people who work at these companies, because I deal with them on a face-to-face basis," Lyman said. "So they've come to me and said, 'Hey, so-and-so band is telling us they're on Warped, and they want some video games or some energy drinks.' And then I've gone to the bands and basically told them to knock it off."

"Everybody knows that Warped has cheap tickets, and that's because we rely on corporate sponsors. And when bands try to rip those sponsors off, it not only confuses the marketplace, but it can only make the price of tickets go up," he said. "We have problems every year, people trying to take advantage of Warped's open community. In the past people were trying to sell sponsors' tickets and passes on eBay. And now they're trying to trick those sponsors. I mean, it's got to stop, because I don't want to start running Warped like some sort of military camp or something."

Listen up, all you punk rockers.
You will be good slaves and kiss the corporation's a$$es, and never be naughty, or the Warped Tour will send you to bed without your supper.

What a f*cking tool.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
I used to think it was the ultimate punk show when I was learning about punk.

Oh how wrong I was...