:]

horrah! 15 etc etc.

Now onto the serious ****. I have asked for an Ibanez GSR 200 (it shall be my first bass) and will hopefully be getting that. woopdedoo!!

but, that's all i will be getting. the wood. no straps, locks.. bags, amps or anything. so err yeah. shout out things i should get and err.. i will.

everything apart frm the guitar, i need you to choose.

i play mainly emo/punk stuff and am 5''8 if that helps// lol.

please help??

thankies. :]
if you play emo/punk stuff i wouldnt recomend ibanez as your first choice but for an amp look into maybe a traynor or a fender rumble
with straps go with what you like, it should be what you would like to wear. If you are paying a lot for your ibanez or are worried about damage i would definately reccomend a hard case, theyve saved my guitar much a time
i would say ibanez are usually metal rather than indie/emo but they are lovely guitars, i cant see why he/she shouldnt want 1.
''he''

:]

my band are kinda pop/punk mixed with a little emo if that makes ANY sense whatsoever? but its for general use so.. :]
umm.... a musicman stingray would suit this gendre IMO
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
ive made my choice on the wood, i like it and how it sounds in our songs. i need an amp and any other accesories basically. :]

cheers
i would just keep trying lots of amps, you can see its based on opinion by the controversy in your guitar choice
just that and a hard case will be ok for starters. a naff amp will probli do until you get that you need a good sound.
the amps the next thing you should get definatly. one of the bigger fender rumblus would do it like gibson said. if you play live alot and like to move around, maybe a wireless system if you're looking for cool add on stuff. theyre always a hit with people.
Guys basses don't define genres. Its all about the EQ of your amps and any effects you may use.

Ibanez isn't metal; its just usually prefferred by metal musicians. Just like emo(blech) bassists seem to like the pbass. For the most part I think its the looks as to why they choose them.

If you are into punk stuff you just boost the mids and treble and cut down on the bass a bit on your EQ to get that twangy/trebly sound.

Also you should look around the forums for other people starting out, and type in the Ibanez GSR bass into the search function. That would be of more use.

Also search the forums for amps; we aren't going to do your shopping for you.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
Quote by Killibinizik
Guys basses don't define genres. Its all about the EQ of your amps and any effects you may use.

Ibanez isn't metal; its just usually prefferred by metal musicians. Just like emo(blech) bassists seem to like the pbass. For the most part I think its the looks as to why they choose them.

If you are into punk stuff you just boost the mids and treble and cut down on the bass a bit on your EQ to get that twangy/trebly sound.

Also you should look around the forums for other people starting out, and type in the Ibanez GSR bass into the search function. That would be of more use.

If that were the case,it wouldn't matter if anyone bought a warwick or a squier, you could get the exact same sound from each out of the amp?

Right,..
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Killibinizik

But we can help him, thats why we are here. For amps, don't go over 100 watts for what you are doing right now, just try 'em out! I would get a 20$ chord so that you don't have the cheepo one that I think comes with it short out on you. If you feel the need, you could get some strings too. Strap, I don't think it matters what strap you get as long as it doesn't blow up. You may not need to spend the 70$ on a hard case at first unless you are doing some serious gigging, I would recommend a comfy bag.
To forcemaster: Thanks for putting words into my mouth jerk.

I didnt say "all basses sound the same, only the amp makes the difference."

I said "basses don't define the genre." Meaning you don't buy a bass because it magically has properties that make it instantly sound like a metal bass or a punk/emo bass; its the amp EQ and effects that make the sound. Yes different pickups give a different output, but thats it; they're only magnets. The people who say "Ibanez is metal" are wrong and narrowminded.

I was emphasising that the kid can use the Ibanez in punk music and would only just need to get the proper EQ on a good amp. Like I said before the bass doesn't determine the genre of music, its the amp EQ and effects used that make the right tone for a music genre.

Maybe you should read my post carefully next time?

EDIT_ To the OP any 15-watt combo amp that isn't from behringer will suffice, and you should get a hardshell case; it's better to have it now and out of the way than to save up for it later.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
Last edited by Killibinizik at Aug 26, 2006,