Recently I've found myself stranded without an amp. So upon considering what to get, here's a few specs:

Small: I'm not going to be gigging, or playing extremely loud, but loud enough. Mainly for practicing at bedroom level. and occasionally with another guitarist or bassist.

Quality: If such a thing exists as a small tubeamp, then hopefully it will be of good enough quality. I'm going to play mostly metal, along the lines of Metallica and Pantera.

Price: Up to $300.

I've been looking at the Epi Valve junior but it doesn't exactly seem like a metal amp.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Personally I think you myay be hard pushed to find a decent metal tube amp for that price. Why does it have to be tube?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
If you aren't going to be gigging I wouldn't blow money on a tube amp. I've never owned one, but I've heard that you don't really get the full effect of it's tone at low volumes. therefore, I don't think it'd be worth it if you aren't going to gig.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
well, i dunno how many watts you want, but you can check out like, crates. theyr nice amps heyr a little expensive, but if your looking at something between like 10-30watts, theyr not that expensive, i think they have a 5watt, and he 15 watt is like $400 i dunno if you really wanna spend that much. but i have played them and they sound incredible, all you have to do is crank the gain up, crank the bass up. lower treble and mid a little, and that should probly do it. hope that helps
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Crates are junk.

I'd play through a practice amp or Cube 30 or something, and wait until I've got the cash for something like a used 5150 combo (and need it for band purposes hopefully).
build a marshal 18watt
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
You'll have a tough time finding a tube amp for that money. If you go with the Valve Jr you'll need an effects setup to get metal tones, Gmajor maybe or Podxt. Now you're out of your budget. Go with a Cube 30 or Vox AD30 and mic it for band practice.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
itd be a pain to get it set up every practice and who says hes got the neccessary equipment?

that kinda sounds like im talkin about his dick.
Quote by flyingv_m3
well, i dunno how many watts you want, but you can check out like, crates. theyr nice amps heyr a little expensive, but if your looking at something between like 10-30watts, theyr not that expensive, i think they have a 5watt, and he 15 watt is like $400 i dunno if you really wanna spend that much. but i have played them and they sound incredible, all you have to do is crank the gain up, crank the bass up. lower treble and mid a little, and that should probly do it. hope that helps

This coming from a guy who uses an MG. Dont buy a crate, they're garbage. Maybe look at a Vox with some type of boost pedal? Theyre not tube but they sound great at lower levels.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by the arisen
Crates are junk.

I'd play through a practice amp or Cube 30 or something, and wait until I've got the cash for something like a used 5150 combo (and need it for band purposes hopefully).

Agreed
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
id get a fender blues jr.

cranked it gets a really good crunch in my opinion

then if u get 50 bucks more get a od pedal
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.