floyd rose locks, so it never goes out of tune, and it is use to do dive bombs (a drastic change in pitch) and tune o matics dont change pitch and have a more sustain (i think)
not the best explanation, but whatever
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
FR is a whammy bar like Dimebag used.

TOM is a two piece bridge like Zakk Wylde uses.

Does that help?
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
Hah! I Straight edge kid and one who hates them...how Ironic they agree on something...but yea...basicly right.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
haha i never noticed his user title
oh well....
are you sure he isnt straight edge? his user name has a bunch of x's in it....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
X's just look cool.

No, I used to claim edge. WAYYY Back when I first joined.

I stopped shortly after though because all the kids who listen to Throwdown and whatever now adays all claim it and I dont want to be affiliated with them.

EDIT: And just because I dont like (most) sXe kids doesnt mean I cant agree with them.

Especially when they happen to be right.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
I was kidding about the agreeing part...but if you wanna get hissy about it thats cool too.
Anyway, interesting...even though way off topic hah.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
If your staying in dropped C tuning and would like to use a whammy bar then get the Floyd Rose.
Here is a TOM bridge, it's can be for multiple tunings and it's easy to adjust intonation and action:

Here is a FR, it's mostly for single tunings unless you have too much time on your hands, you can do really really cool tricks with it, but it's a pain in your nipples:

Gosh, I just love how the bit juts out of the body and it's 3d.

/EDIT: Note that it is unrouted, but you will want to rout it if you are going to use it to its full function.
You can actually retrofit a fr like that onto a strat trem hole, but you'd get dings on your body and the uppull is not that high.
Last edited by Invictious at Aug 26, 2006,