Is there any program that allows you to mess around with sound clips? Could you plug your guitar into your computer and then use that program to change your sound? Basically anyhting just to get different tones, instead of buying a new amp...Im just wondering.......

What is a good program to use?

Thanks
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
SWEET...thats free??? And fcuk I thought I had the right adapter...but I have one for headphones to go into my amp (little plug to big plug) but I need a big plug to little plug...damnit. Thanks though

Actually that adaptor will work...I can plug the big end into my guitar, then use a normal audio cable to go from the adaptor to the computer.

The audio cable I was thinking of doesnt work, I need like the headphone cables...only with a plug on each end....could I make one of these out of 2 headphones? Cut them and solder the wires together? Or is there more too it?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
Last edited by AC/zeppelin/DC at Aug 26, 2006,
imo i really didnt like it but hey its free
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
wut does imo mean?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
wut does imo mean?

Imo ur an idiot..

It means "Im more obese"
In My Opinion
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
im gonna go with in my opinion...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
is there anything better? thats fun to mess around with but anything better sounding? even though i still havnt got it to work, I need to go get an adaptor.
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
IMO is I Masturbate Orally. But really, use limewire to download guitar rig 2.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I dont think it can be used for windows but garage band for mac is pretty cool. Its got tons of effects and models to choose from, and their all adjustable.
Line 6 makes a buncha **** like that. I have this one program i use called Guitar Rig by Native Instruments. Its da bomb. it simulates every amp youd ever want to and not want to. it has every famous pedal, even loop stations, you can even select the type of mic you want to use to mic the amp your simulating and the positioning of it.
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
So Guitar Rig is good?? Its not free right? Could anyone send it to me, I dont have limewire on this computer...and my computer that does is too messed up to even turn on.

When you download it, it probably comes in a zip file, which isnt large..could someone send me it?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
I second guitar rig 2, its AMAZING. If you get it with pro tools, you can record with it as well.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Can anyone send it to me??? pleasee...

I will try to download it later...it might work. I know most of you guys didnt pay the $500 for it, so you just download it and plug your guitar into your comp? Easy as that?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
Last edited by AC/zeppelin/DC at Aug 26, 2006,
so how do you use guitar rig* 2 w/o the foot controller?

*edit
Last edited by flogrock at Aug 27, 2006,
Do you need to run your guitar through a preamp then to your computer if you dont have the foot controller? How do you people do it without the foot controller that comes with it?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
Do you need to run your guitar through a preamp then to your computer if you dont have the foot controller? How do you people do it without the foot controller that comes with it?

AC, you mentioned needing an adapter just to plug into the computer in the first place. Reminds of when I first started with this. I shortly found out that there is more involved than just plugging in. Good speakers, and a good soundcard, especially if you plan to do some recordings of your own. Add to that, enhancing your RAM etc. if you have an older computer. Just something to think about.

Adam
I have a fairly new computer....and I need the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter...but I need to know if that will work or if I need to run my guitar through a preamp or what? I have really good speakers that sound amazing. What kind of music fan wouldnt?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X