I'm looking to buy an electric guitar.I have played classical guitar for about 7 years,and am interested in playing hard rock and metal(metallica,iron maiden,pantera etc).Would the Jackson DK2 and Roland Cube 30 amp suit me?It will cost roughly £500 altogether.
Last edited by Garvey_red at Aug 27, 2006,
Better than what most people start with, I'll give you that.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
hmmmm i personally think that starting on a guitar with a tremolo system may become a pain in the ass. id say get the hardtail version of that guitar so much easier and less hassle if you dont know how to work the floyd rose bridge
if the FR bridge is already set up when he gets it, it should be fine.

also he said he has played classical guitar for 7 years so he shouldnt' have any large problems.

this would most likely suit what you will play
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
if the FR bridge is already set up when he gets it, it should be fine.

also he said he has played classical guitar for 7 years so he shouldnt' have any large problems.

this would most likely suit what you will play

well i never realised you learnt about how to setup, intonate a floyd rose bridge while learning classical guitar and ts im playing Tango by Fransesco Tarrega for a performance coming up
I can get the shop to ensure it's correctly set up when i buy it,and anything else I need to do(fitting new strings,etc) can probably be done with some tutorials and patience.Do you think this may still prove difficult?
well unless you really do plan on using it all the time.....then no. and when you wanna change tunings for different songs then you gotta reset the whole bridge
it's reall not all that bad, just get someone to show you how to tune, lock, set it up, and restring it, they'll propably do that all at once, so just get em to set it up and restring it while you're there and ask them to show you how to do it, once you learn, it's pretty straightfowards and easy
Looking at the style of music you want to play, you will want to change tunings a lot. You seem like an intelligent person, so I beleive you would be able to figure out an FR system, its just that if you want to change tunings, you wont be able to with out hour long setups.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Last edited by bean-o at Aug 27, 2006,
I'm going to go to the shop to try the guitar,and will try a number of hardtails as well.While there i can see how the tremolo system works and if it proves to be too difficult for me,i will purchase a hardtail instead.Thank you all for your help!