Just bought a Marshall 50W 2203x Head (not re-issue) and 4x12 Cab.
I'm new to using stacks. I know matching the impedence on both cab and head is very important. my cab has the possibility of inserting the speaker cable into the left (4ohms) or right (16 ohms) and I figured I'd just match it with the impedence on the head, but the impedence on the head can be adjusted to 4ohms, 6ohms o 16ohms. I assume I must use both amp and cab on either 4ohms or 16ohms but which one and when could I use 6ohms on the amp?
Being new to valves aswell I'm terrified of blowing my new investment up so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Just use 16ohms for each the head and the cab. When you have only one head and one cab, just match the ohms.

and the 2203x is a reissue (great amp though)
Thanks

Ok i dont mean the 2203x. It's the head that the 2203x is the re-issue of!
So matching 4ohms or 16ohms wouldn't make any difference to the sound or to breaking it?
it will make no difference as long as you match the impedance. A 4ohm head -> 4ohm cab will sound exactly the same as a 16ohm head->16ohm cab, everything else being equal.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by iamtheparty

Ok i dont mean the 2203x. It's the head that the 2203x is the re-issue of!

You just mean a 2203 from the 80's?.......well what year is it (serial number) out of curiosity then?