Actress Juliette Lewis of the band Juliette and the Licks is a scientologist?

Didn't believe it until I saw it here:
http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebrities/lewis_j.htm

Does anyone else find this ironic; punk music associated with a dangerous and idiotic association like this?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Yeah, thats really weird. I hate people being relieved for joining that 'cult', it just shows how sh!tty their life was up to this point (and I bet that it will get worse, we all know about sci.)
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
punks are like pist off hippies, i could see a hippie being involved with that shiit, so it's possible, tho i don't think iggy pop would be proud!
Punks have nothing to do with hippies. Unless you're a crustie and smell like one!
And I don't think a hippie finds AIDs to be "a state of mind" and that it's "only babies for buddha's sake!"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
scientology is so retarded. i laugh at those who fall into it. the south park episode of it kicks ass.
Quote by waterproofpie
Punks have nothing to do with hippies. Unless you're a crustie and smell like one!
And I don't think a hippie finds AIDs to be "a state of mind" and that it's "only babies for buddha's sake!"

Yea because punks and hippies definitely dont have some of the same political views , and ethics . And on Miss lewis shes a true idiot and i wouldnt call her a punk and i can easly see her being a scientologist.
its a global massacre
Planetary Ruins, if you couldn't tell by the smell half of that, it was obviously a joke.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
It's funny that parts of the "punk" movie "Repo Man" seem to be making fun of Scientology.
I can think of at least 3 different scenes where they mention L. Ron Hubbard's book "Dianetics".
And now we have a few "Scientologist" punks, like Ms. Lewis.

It's kinda like in the movie Teenage Lovedolls, where they make fun of "Krishna Conciousness" and several NYHC bands ended up joining the Hare Krishna cult years later.

That site you posted is great, BTW, Xtina.
Scientology is one of the most dangerous cults out there.
It's uses techniques of mass hypnosis to brainwash it's followers.

It's really weird to see how it has become the new "IT" thing to be into in Hollyweird.
Besides Miss Lewis, you've got Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Isaac Hayes and more endorsing it, so that they can get free secret "Advanced Technology doctrine training" to free them from their evil Thetans.

It's a big steaming sh*te sandwich and , the Scientologists want us all to take a bite.

In the long run, I think we're all gonna be indebted to South Park for waking people up about the stupid "Xenu" space opera crap in Scientology and, of course, to Tom Cruise for showing us all how crazy this nutjob cult makes people.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Last edited by johnnynemo at Aug 26, 2006,
I was sent the link by Cas, so you should thank him Nemo.
And that South Park episode is nominated for an Emmy now.

It seems that some celebrities like Juliette Lewis and Beck were born into scientology having parents who were scientologist, meaning they are brainwashed from birth. This and the fact that many children in a similar situation drop out of school early, due to confusion of teaching methods from school (Beck dropped out of school at age 13), leave people to wonder: is it okay to support them being they may be victims of brainwashing by a cult OR stop giving them money that they will eventually pocket to COS?

This topic is very troubling to me. As a majority of posters here know that I was a die hard fan of Beck, and I recently learned he was a scientologist. No wonder they tried to cover it up.

For an in depth look on the Beck case, look at this site:
http://www.lermanet.com/beck/
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by Mild Vibe
That kind of sucks. I never understood scientology.

I hope no one on this site ever fully understands it. Here's is a process that takes place during the initial brainwashing:

"The first process encountered in Section II is the"Feel-it" process, an extremely potent mind-altering technique that is used for the purpose of shutting down rational processes. Along with those rational processes goes the individual's critical defenses and orientation. The "feel-it" has the "student" experience and become animate and inanimate objects. This technique is notorious for being used many hours on end. The effects are to break down the individual's sense of self and to identify with rocks, trees, clouds, and other people's beliefs. When someone has run feel-its for many hours, they often become depersonalized, have no critical thinking capacity, and may suffer from an intense overload of biochemical painkillers and confusion giving them a sense of ecstatic bliss and and floating not dissimilar to the more euphoric stages of mania. "

http://www.scientology-kills.org/avatar/mindctrl.htm
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by johnnynemo
It's kinda like in the movie Teenage Lovedolls, where they make fun of "Krishna Conciousness" and several NYHC bands ended up joining the Hare Krishna cult years later.

Poly Styrine is in it too.
Tom Cruise won't come out da closet
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
is it just me or does juliette lewis have incredibly manly underarms?

other than that i don't feel its my place to comment because i don't really know what scientology is.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at Aug 26, 2006,
^ Yeah, I saw that too. 'aven't seen that 'airy pits on a lil lady since Patty Smith...

Quote by waterproofpie
I hope no one on this site ever fully understands it. Here's is a process that takes place during the initial brainwashing:

"The first process encountered in Section II is the"Feel-it" process, an extremely potent mind-altering technique that is used for the purpose of shutting down rational processes. Along with those rational processes goes the individual's critical defenses and orientation. The "feel-it" has the "student" experience and become animate and inanimate objects. This technique is notorious for being used many hours on end. The effects are to break down the individual's sense of self and to identify with rocks, trees, clouds, and other people's beliefs. When someone has run feel-its for many hours, they often become depersonalized, have no critical thinking capacity, and may suffer from an intense overload of biochemical painkillers and confusion giving them a sense of ecstatic bliss and and floating not dissimilar to the more euphoric stages of mania. "

http://www.scientology-kills.org/avatar/mindctrl.htm

I don't think you can objectively say that Scientology is any less ****ed-up and "brainwashing" than any other religion.
Buckethead, this is why I am an athiest.
Even my catholic mother has always told me that all religious organizations brain wash people (She says she believes in the religion, just does not approve of all involved in the Church. Aye.). But I'd much rather be stooped into thinking some ambiguous figure in the sky is watching me all the time and going to promise me into heaven if I believe him by following 10 rules of which are considered common courtesy, than having my mental health (rationality and critical analysis) completely destroyed. But that's my two cents.

But anyway, religion is religion. No me gusta either way. My beef with scientology is the mafia like system it's run with. For instance, one can freely leave judaism at their will and no one from their church has the permission to harm them. Whereas with scientology, anyone who leaves is considered an "enemy" and members are allowed to "destroy enemies of the church".

But back to the point of this thread.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by waterproofpie
My beef with scientology is the mafia like system it's run with. For instance, one can freely leave judaism at their will and no one from their church has the permission to harm them. Whereas with scientology, anyone who leaves is considered an "enemy" and members are allowed to "destroy enemies of the church".

That's my problem with the Dianetics Dorks, as well.

That and the fact that L. Ron Hubbard sci-fi stuff blows.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Quote by Prince
im a scientologist

Hahahaha.
Are you serial?
Quote by sargasm

Quote by waterproofpie
a dangerous and idiotic association like this?

Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
scientology is weird as hell. it makes me angry that they think mental illness is a "weakness."

go **** yourselves scientologists.
Prince whenever I think of what you look like I still think of a little black man with a drawn-on mustache sitting at his computer in Minnesota.

And the South Park episode about Scientology is one of the best episodes of the whole show. Isaac Hayes quit because of it.
Last edited by the glue man at Aug 30, 2006,
That episode was nominated for an Emmy.
Does anyone know if it won?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've decided that Prince is my favorite brain-washed cultist and I nominate him as greatest Scientologist of all time.
Quote by sargasm

I won't give money to punks if their profits go back into the military industrial complex... there's no way in hell I'd give it to them if it goes into scientology or any church.

I shoulda never given ****ing flatfoot 56 gas money... they're some of the biggest assholes I've ever dealt with in my life. I coulda pocketed $130+ that night. **** them.
I saw a guy who put on shows near Philly forking over $1,000 to Mustard Plug and thinking that they had sold alot of merch and should have given him some of that scratch.
Then I started thinking that I should rob them.
Unlike the kick-boxing hardcore kids, ska kids can't fight.
That would have been easy money.

Most churches do suck.
Unitarians (and Quakers) are actually pretty cool.
The Unitarian Church in Philly puts on shows all the time and donates money to food banks and other cool charities.
Plus, the Unitarians were the ones helping escaped slaves get to Canada via the Underground Railroad, where they were taken care of/educated at Unitarian schools/churches.

I'll hate fun-dumb-mentalists for my entire life, but I gotta give props to the Unitarians.
Quote by sargasm

Yeah, Aghast told me about the Unitarian Church in Philly. I've heard alot of good things about it. We've been talking about asking the one here if we can do shows. It seems like a good spot, but churches here are sooo ****ed up that I don't know if I trust any church or not.

Most Unitarians aren't fundamentalists though.