Hey everyone, after much deliberation, sweat, anger, confusion and other assorted emotions, I have decided to get a Fender Fat Strat.

Now all I gotta do is choose which one! OH GOD!

I am willing to spend from £300 to possibly a maximum of £500, and I would be buying from www.gak.co.uk and this is the ONLY SITE I can buy from.

One thing I must say is, yes I know a guitar for £500 will be better than a guitar for £300, BUT I have been playing guitar for approximately 2 years, so I am in no way a veteran, and am still improving everything. So I only want a guitar that will be good enough for what I want to do. So if you think that a £339 Fender standard Fat Strat will be more than good enough for me then please suggest this. If you think that it would be worth it for me in the long run to go out and buy a more expensive model (for example the Highway 1 HSS for £479) then please suggest that.

Also it would be greatly appreciated if people could explain to me what differences there would be between these different models. Thanks
Quote by This_Kidd
Hey everyone, after much deliberation, sweat, anger, confusion and other assorted emotions, I have decided to get a Fender Fat Strat.

Now all I gotta do is choose which one! OH GOD!

I am willing to spend from £300 to possibly a maximum of £500, and I would be buying from www.gak.co.uk and this is the ONLY SITE I can buy from.

One thing I must say is, yes I know a guitar for £500 will be better than a guitar for £300, BUT I have been playing guitar for approximately 2 years, so I am in no way a veteran, and am still improving everything. So I only want a guitar that will be good enough for what I want to do. So if you think that a £339 Fender standard Fat Strat will be more than good enough for me then please suggest this. If you think that it would be worth it for me in the long run to go out and buy a more expensive model (for example the Highway 1 HSS for £479) then please suggest that.

Also it would be greatly appreciated if people could explain to me what differences there would be between these different models. Thanks

well the highway has a 70's headstock, and i believe hotter pickups and made in america, and a nitrolusse (or however you spell it) finish, thats the only dif between the MIM and H1
What about Mexican Strat's, I've heard lots of good things on this site about them. Would they be a good option? Could someone post a link to one as I can't seem to find them.
Quote by This_Kidd
What about Mexican Strat's, I've heard lots of good things on this site about them. Would they be a good option? Could someone post a link to one as I can't seem to find them.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_stratocaster_electric_guitar_2005?full_sku=100041330

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_stratocaster_hh_electric_guitar?full_sku=516040%2e001

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_hss_stratocaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=103576856

there, all three, and yes theyre nice

(MIM = mexican strat)
How good would the MIM strat be? How would it compare to the Standard, Deluxe or Highway 1?

Why has it got such good reviews on this site, but its so cheap?
Because its made by mexicans. THe Highway 1's are standered Mexis put togeather in the USA, jujst just the last screw or nut though.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
How would the MIM strat compare to the Standard, Deluxe or Highway 1? And which is best for the money?

I still don't understand why, if the Highway 1 is a Mexi strat put together in USA, why are MIM strat's so much cheaper? Surely this difference in price must be justified?
I have a MIM Fender Strat HSS on order.Preferred it over the Highway 1's by far.Now if they can just get my damn arctic white color with a maple fretboard i will be good to go :p
Anyone else got any input?

I want to know, what is the best Strat with HSS configuration, for under £500?

Is it the mexican?
Yes, maybe with a pickup swap but still the mexi. After all, standered mexi's worked for Jimi.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by This_Kidd
Anyone else got any input?

I want to know, what is the best Strat with HSS configuration, for under £500?

Is it the mexican?

mexican strat = standard strat, the best one with hss config, the highway 1
^^^ The guy above me, Is he saying that a Mexi strat is equivalent to a Standard strat in terms of craftsmanship, hardware etc. And separately to that he is saying that the best HSS strat for £500 or less is the H1?

Sorry It's confused me a bit.
Quote by This_Kidd
^^^ The guy above me, Is he saying that a Mexi strat is equivalent to a Standard strat in terms of craftsmanship, hardware etc. And separately to that he is saying that the best HSS strat for £500 or less is the H1?

Sorry It's confused me a bit.

no no and standard strat IS a mexican, theyre just to different names, a std. is MADE in mexico, and the H1 HSS is the best of the under 500.
Ah ok, haha wow I bet I look like a right idiot to GAK.co.uk, I emailed them asking whether they could get mexi strat's..... I didn't know they already had them under a different name.

So you think I should get the Fender Standard Series Fat Strat. And if I wanted I could always swap the pickups. Or if you suggest that I switch the pickups straight away, would it be better to get the Deluxe strat which comes with 2 tex mex single coils and a tex mex humbucker?
Quote by This_Kidd
Ah ok, haha wow I bet I look like a right idiot to GAK.co.uk, I emailed them asking whether they could get mexi strat's..... I didn't know they already had them under a different name.

So you think I should get the Fender Standard Series Fat Strat. And if I wanted I could always swap the pickups. Or if you suggest that I switch the pickups straight away, would it be better to get the Deluxe strat which comes with 2 tex mex single coils and a tex mex humbucker?

the deluxe now i dont know but you MIGHT be able to get '72 custom tele, wit hbs, you should look that one up