Alright, I wrote a song and want to record it. I want it to have kind of a spacey tone like Angels and Airwaves does and I'm wondering what you can do to get that tone in your song.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Do you have an effects pedal? I can't really think of another way besides getting an effects pedal and playing about with it till you get the tone you want. Or editing it on the computer I suppose, but I don't know much about that side of things.
Don't know Angels and Airwaves, but to get a spacey tone I suggest using chorus and quite a bit of reverb.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Hmm, I'd say wrong forum, but I'll still try and help. For "spacey" type tones, look into phasers and whatnot. A bunch of distortion companies have samplers on their webpages, so you could look into that if you wanted.
Haven't heard that tune but spacey sounds are usually done with delay/reverb, phase shifters, flangers and chorus effects. You can use any or all of them.
Reverb/Delay Chorus/Flanger and a step modulator should be good.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Haha hey Garett I still have your song Celestial Serenade from like 3 years ago, still love it!
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
thanks guys yeah i didn't know what other forum to put it in. But there's no other forum that gives you 6 responces in like 30 seconds.

Also, is there anything I can do other than guitar to get that tone?
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Quote by Ali_Boulala
usually phaser and flanger

Seconded, maybe even a tape echo.
I'd say flanger, reverb, neck pickup, fat strings, etc. Try to find a round jazz-like tone for "spacey."
BTW I don't the song you're talking about so i don't really know what you consider "spacey."
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Spacey, you say? Buy a Roland guitar synth. Just hook the synth pickup up right next to the bridge, and find a space-sounding patch. Of course, your guitar would end up being synthesizer-ish, and not guitar-ish, but that's exactly what I'd do if my sister didn't have a keyboard. There's a bunch of space sounds on there. There's some synth pads, and one called Celestial, or something, and it sounds like something Pink Floyd would have used if it was around in their glory days.
flangers or phasers
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I'd say for "the adventure" it would be mainly reverb and delay (i think), no phaser (i'm sure).

ps not that i like a&a
"When I started obeying the voices in my head, the music started getting awesome."
-John Frusciante [Guitar World]

Member #5 of the "PEOPLE SUCK" club, nothing suss
Quote by EpitaphMan440
Haha hey Garett I still have your song Celestial Serenade from like 3 years ago, still love it!
Thanks man .. that's really cool to hear

That song is the first track on my CD but it's been completely redone. Sorry to plug .. but check it out if you're interested.
gods answer to everything

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Space chorous possibly?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I hate to bring back an old thread, but I figured I have a question and I may as well not make a new one.

Does anyone know how to do the effect AvA have in some of their songs that sounds kinda like a helicopter?
Quote by EpitaphMan440
Reverb/Delay Chorus/Flanger and a step modulator should be good.

hey, whats a step modulator
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club