As some may know, i'm planning on getting some EMGs (60, 81) soon for my Vintage VS6 SG. However, I just read some of those commandment type stuff, which says something about buying a good pickup for the neck for cleans. I.e. tell me a good PUP for cleans that will go with my 60 in the bridge.

Edit: >.< 81 in the bridge

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Last edited by Metallica708 at Aug 26, 2006,
With that set normally the 81 goes in the bridge, 60 in the neck, and the 60 is just fine for rock and metal cleans.

One issue to consider with EMG's is you would rather not want to mix active and passive pickups. So while a Dimarzio Air Norton might give you better cleans than the 60, it would be some effort to get both pickups to work together properly.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Cool, thanks dude! Does anyone know of any active PUPs that are good for cleans and can still be used for Rock and Metal? (E.g. Metallica, SOAD, Led Zeppelin, The Pixies, Muse)

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Last edited by Metallica708 at Aug 26, 2006,
Quote by El Codyo
The 81/60 set would be your best bet.

+1
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?