I've got a Boss blues overdrive pedal that one of my dad's bandmates gave to me a long time ago, I just found it today and decided to give it a try, but when I turn it on it just cuts my volume and makes background noise. I fiddled around with the knobs and it didn't do much. I'm 99% sure I have the right power adapter for it. Anyone have a clip of what this pedal is supposed to do, or any ideas of what might be wrong?
Try and use a new battery with it, sounds like some type of power problem?
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
maybe now u know why the guy gave it to you
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
maybe now u know why the guy gave it to you

I remember it working back then though....

Yeah, this one definitely doesn't do what the one on the bossus website does.
Well considering the BD-2 is one of the single greatest things ever manufactured, if you're not satisfied with it, it must be broken. As for the power source, if it was made before '97 it might need may need a BOSS ACA adapter and if it's made after '97, it'll need a PSA adapter.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by Schneiderman
I've got a Boss blues overdrive pedal that one of my dad's bandmates gave to me a long time ago, I just found it today and decided to give it a try, but when I turn it on it just cuts my volume and makes background noise. I fiddled around with the knobs and it didn't do much. I'm 99% sure I have the right power adapter for it. Anyone have a clip of what this pedal is supposed to do, or any ideas of what might be wrong?

Not that this fixes yours, but i'll sell you mine (new in the box) for a good price. tell me where you are located so I can estimate shipping.

-Greg