anybody know if its illegal to have a knife on you when ur out in public? a normal knife, a stiletto which is like automatic i guess or anything? thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i dont think it is
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
its a weapon so....no
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
even automatic ones are legal? cause there are some places like the mall at night and stuff i would feel more comfortable with one haha
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Why you would need a knife on you when you're out in public is beyond me.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
automatic knives are illegal
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
people are crazy
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I think a blade under 3" or under is legal, but anything automatic is illegal. The means no switchblades. You cannot carry a double-sided blade, either. But, regular stilletos (opened by pushing a knob ON the blade) are legal, if the blade is proper size. Pocket knives are no problem. But, butterfly knives are also illegal to carry around.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Just carry around a good pen like a metal biro or parker pen (the clicky kind)... if you are attacked you can reach into your pocket and stab the ****er in the neck...

plus in the unlikely event of a girl giving her phone number or other such mythological encounter you can also write stuff
cause this is what i have now

what kind of knife is this
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Around here (bay area, california) something like that is legal. In fact, me and my brother are going knife shopping for something like that tomorrow. Anything much larger than that would be illegal though, as would any swtichblades, or fixed-blade knives.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Well gee what are you gonna be doing with it? I really dont know what you would need to take your knife out for in public unless your assaulting someone, in which case it really wouldnt matter if its legal anyways. Unless your just trying to show off with your new blade trying to be hardcore.
cause the blade on mine is 3.65 inches long so that may be illegal haha, atleast in public
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by cubedeathk
Well gee what are you gonna be doing with it? I really dont know what you would need to take your knife out for in public unless your assaulting someone, in which case it really wouldnt matter if its legal anyways. Unless your just trying to show off with your new blade trying to be hardcore.

if i ever took a knife in public it would be for protection
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Then it really doesnt matter if its legal I guess, but probably only if your being assualted or mugged or something, as your just defending youself. Not just whipping it out to whip it out.
Last edited by cubedeathk at Aug 26, 2006,
where do you live?

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
I think the law is under 2" in many New England states. It depends on where you live though. I think it's 3" in California.

Actually, here is a site that spells out what you can't carry in each site very clearly.
http://www.thehighroad.org/library/blades/knifelaws.html
Just look at your state, problem solved!
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
screw it dude...just carry a katana around with you...when someone messes with you cut off their head...problem solved...pluss you look like a ######## ninja
oklahoma city
Lunatics on pogo sticks
i live in oklahoma city
Lunatics on pogo sticks
if i just have it in my pocket is there any disadvantage to bringing it somewhere thats not the safest place?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
rule of thumb:

its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

this doesnt apply to right now

i couldnt see any reason to carry that knife around besides intimidation(sp)

to anwser the question ... no its not illegal but it would be stupid to carry it around

especially with the school year starting up again soon (if not already)

thats how i got kicked outta my school

EDIT:
thats a pretty cool looking knife lol
Last edited by Masterpiece2 at Aug 26, 2006,
It's odds that the guy kicking your ass will just take it and stab you in the face.

Don't carry it.
Quote by stratguy335
screw it dude...just carry a katana around with you...when someone messes with you cut off their head...problem solved...pluss you look like a ######## ninja

Na. Katanas are to over-rated. A 12 ft. broad sword is much beter to have. Plus it makes you look like a badass kid with a huge sword .
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Quote by bassmaniac101
Na. Katanas are to over-rated. A 12 ft. broad sword is much beter to have. Plus it makes you look like a badass kid with a huge sword .

**** that, lightsaber ftw.

around here i think it has to be 6 inches or under to be carried around in public.
Peace.
ya but u live in jersey hahahahaha
Lunatics on pogo sticks
**** knife laws.

I live in a bad town and I'll straight up stick a nigga.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I think that knife is a Gerber Vapor, or some shit like that. But auto knives are illegal, butterfly knives are illegal, double edged knives are illegal. And here in Texas as long as the blade is no longer then the width of your hand its fine. I dont know about else where but I have a knife that has a 4 inch blade and cops have stopped me taken it and given it right back. I guess it just depends on where you live.
close, gerber paraframe
Lunatics on pogo sticks
i have one just like that and i carry it along with a couple others. i live in maine and as long as u don't go out and knife sombody the cops arn't gonna take away your knives. my buddy brought a fifteen incher to a mall, on his belt and they didn't take it away. but this all depends on where you live.