i need somone to help me i dont know what scales john frusciante use i want to know really bad please help!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Pentatonic .
Mixolydian.
Major.
Natural minor.

i think i love you.

anyone know anymore?
He's exactly adventurous with his scales... he's a rock guitarist.

But it's HOW he uses them is what you're looking for...
Looking for my India/Django.
^Well really, most of his songs are minor pentatonic. 95% of the time, he'll be using minor pentatonic.

Some Mixolydian & blues... and he'll throw in some chormatic passing tones.

He does modulate on the occasion though, I think Californication has modulation (Amin to Amaj).

Minor pentatonic & chromatic passing tones and you're sorted.

Quote by redwing_suck

Exactly. Which is something no-one can tell you over an internet forum, really. You have to listen to his music.

Quote by II HaZzA II
can anyone help baout how he uses scales then

Listen to one of his solos. Take it a part. Analyze it. Take what you find and apply it to yourself.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Aug 26, 2006,
Quote by redwing_suck
He's exactly adventurous with his scales... he's a rock guitarist.

can anyone help baout how he uses scales then
ok what about metallica anyone know what they use??

i dont have a guitar teacher so i dont know what scale sounds like what so i need to know what each band plays to know them
Frusciante uses alot of techniques as he constantly reinvents his style. He uses alot of raking. For example, the main riff to Can't Stop he strums all the strings. He frets the note he needs and mutes the rest with his fret hand. Same thing with give it away. If you hit the strings hard this way it gives it that punchy, snappy sound. He also from time to time pops strings like a bass player would to achieve this sound. You can see this on Funky Monkys (the whole song is actually played without a pick) and Mellowship Slinky in B Major, the verse riff. He uses lots of downstrokes to keep up with Fleas agressive playing and chad's hard hitting, like the give it away chorus or almost all the chords in I Could Have Lied. He does this because he rarely plays with alot of distortion and thus needs to be more aggressive. He also uses many unique chords and chord inversions in his playing. Just study his tabs and learn his songs to get fully what I mean. And I mean study. He uses many subtle techniques in his playing you need to pick up on.

Most his studio solos are improvised as well

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Quote by Johnljones7443
^Well really, most of his songs are minor pentatonic. 95% of the time, he'll be using minor pentatonic.

Some Mixolydian & blues... and he'll throw in some chormatic passing tones.

He does modulate on the occasion though, I think Californication has modulation (Amin to Amaj).

Minor pentatonic & chromatic passing tones and you're sorted.

Exactly. Which is something no-one can tell you over an internet forum, really. You have to listen to his music.

Listen to one of his solos. Take it a part. Analyze it. Take what you find and apply it to yourself.

lol DAMMIT. I meant 'not exactly adventurous'...
Looking for my India/Django.
Modulating is the key............ Under the Bridge, Zephyr, Californication, and................ Dont play above 5nps !! HAHAHA
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by II HaZzA II
ok what about metallica anyone know what they use??

i dont have a guitar teacher so i dont know what scale sounds like what so i need to know what each band plays to know them

almost always penatonic minor
-______-

lol frusciante expert lol
Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting
Metallica writes in E minor at times.

You mean 95% of the time?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Also, if you're looking for his tonal styles, he mainly uses low-average output pickups with alot of distortions to boost the sustain. Listen to the last solo in Scar Tissue and you'll see what I mean.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^ and compression.

Quote by tryhardslash
dude like every song has disortion

and its called distorting