does the boss ds1 sound good with a tube amp?
would it sound better and have more of a metal sound than stock distortion on a tube amp?

i have a fender dual showman. its a tube amp
It probably wouldn't sound bad, but an overdrive pedal would probably be better. That's just my opinion though, I have a mesa so I've never actually owned a distortion pedal before because I've never had a need for one.
My Stuff:

Schecter C1 Elite
Mesa F-30
Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi
MXR 10-band Graphic EQ
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Smart Gate
BBE Sonic Stomp
someone'll say maxon, but you prolly can't afford it. ibanez tubescreamer, ts-9 preferably.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
which tube amp?

ive got a ts9 and a ds1 going thru a blues jr and an epi valve jr.

ODs take the amp and juice it up. its louder, more fierce, and sound like its breaking even at lower volumes.
the heavy thunk is not there tho.

Distortion pedals like the DS1, give u a higher gain sound but the tone suffers. its not as "clear" sounding. its a little more digital, doesnt "sparkle."

some guys layer OD pedals for heavier tube sound. some amps like the blues jr, dont take pedals as well as others.

i actually like the jekyl and hyde pedal. its got a little of both.
maxon sounds good too.

alot depends on the amp and guitar ur using.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--VSDVJH1
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 26, 2006,
Yea I have a maxon and its great, but they aren't the cheapest things in the world. If the maxon is too much the ts-9 is also great so try that one out. I've also heard good things about the Jekyll and Hyde OD but I've never tried it.
My Stuff:

Schecter C1 Elite
Mesa F-30
Maxon OD9 Pro+ Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi
MXR 10-band Graphic EQ
MXR Stereo Chorus
MXR Smart Gate
BBE Sonic Stomp
I use a DS-1 on my Hotrod Deluxe and it sounds great, very thick and full sounding. I also use the OD on the amp though for solos and such.
You could get a boss OD-3, I think Zakk Wylde uses one with is Marshall JCM800's.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
ds-1's suck on fender tubes, take it from me. look for something else.

It depends on the tube amp. On your amp its not going to sound good at all. I've tried one on a Twin Reverb and I hated it but on my amp it screams.