Ok. I have the Boss Noise Suppressor petal. Now, ive had this petal for a while now and ive yet to get a difinitive answer to this question. Where does it go? Ive had people tell me it goes in the front of all your other petals but just as many have told me to put it after them. Could someone finally give me a difinitive answer on this one?
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
I find the best way to use the NS-2 is to have one cable go from your guitar to the "input" slot on the NS-2. then connect another cable from your amp directly to the "output" slot on the pedal aswell. Next take another cable and plug one end of it in the input of the first pedal in your loop and the other into the "send" slot on the NS-2. Next connect all the other pedals as you normally would and when you get back to the NS-2 finish the loop by connecting the last cable into the "return" slot.

I know it uses alot of cables. But I assure you that it makes the best use of the pedal. The diagram below was something I made for my friend who was using a Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Boss DD-3 Delay. Even if you have more pedals it doesn't matter.

Edit: Sorry it's not bigger.
actually what you do, is follow the instructions that cam with it. haha, what i do is plug my guitar into the input of it, the have all of my effects go out the send and then back around to returnand the just plug the out put of the petal into your amp... i guess that's what you're supposed to do. haha.

<3Lgions
Quote by FenderBender45
I find the best way to use the NS-2 is to have one cable go from your guitar to the "input" slot on the NS-2. then connect another cable from your amp directly to the "output" slot on the pedal aswell. Next take another cable and plug one end of it in the input of the first pedal in your loop and the other into the "send" slot on the NS-2. Next connect all the other pedals as you normally would and when you get back to the NS-2 finish the loop by connecting the last cable into the "return" slot.

I know it uses alot of cables. But I assure you that it makes the best use of the pedal. The diagram below was something I made for my friend who was using a Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Boss DD-3 Delay. Even if you have more pedals it doesn't matter.

Edit: Sorry it's not bigger.

bingo.
The only things after a noise gate would be volume pedal and reverb. The whole idea is to remove unwanted noise before it gets to the amp. Logic dictates action.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
the ns-2 is a peice of crap anyway. ISP decimator ftw.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by gpderek09
the ns-2 is a peice of crap anyway. ISP decimator ftw.

Yeah it completely kills sustain from what I've seen of my friends NS-2.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Odd, I don't have any of those problems with my NS-2. It seems to work just fine since I read the directions and tweaked it a bit.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I'm dealing with a lot of noise right now myself. Was experimenting yesterday and frankly got pretty pissed off that a noise suppressor pedal should even be needed at all. I mean with the money you spend on pedal, you would think that noise should not be a problem in the first place. Would'nt it be a novel idea to actually make pedals that do what they are supposed to do without needing another pedal to clean them up after

But with that said, now I find myself researching and shopping for one. Someone else suggested the ISP in another thread. The price is about double of the Boss NS-2. Has anyone here actually used both? Or is this a case of "I know a guy who used the ISP?

Adam
Read the manual. If you bought it used, go to the Boss site and download. It tells you how to use it.

For the record, I use it in front of my amp, with my Tube Screamer and Boss Super Chorus in its loop.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
magnus: i own both. the ns-2 is in it's box, the isp is in the chain.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile