Ok so my friend just gave me a white squier and i want to spend some money to upgrade it to make it really nice. I was thinking aboug changing the pickups, the tuners, and the neck
I play indie rock stuff and i want to make it into a really nice guitar by changing everything except the body.

so what should i put on it? What kind of tuners, and pickups

(i already have a nice strat with lace sensors so i dont want another guitar with lace in it.
i want it to be versatile so i can play my strat with lace or pick up my ex-squier. )

im playing through an AC30cc1. (is this a stupid concept? should i just sell it and get $30 at gc?)

can i even get an ex-squier to sound nice?
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Not true....if the next is in good condition, and it plays semi well, some work can get it playing very nicely! I've seen it done and the results are amazing!

Tuners, Electronics, pickups, saddles, nut, a proper setup, and you can have a great guitar!
i want to encourage you, but all i can say is dont waste your time trying to make it nice.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

heres some things u can change.

Body, neck, electronics, bridge, pickups, strings. basically get a new guitar, its not really worth the time and money.
get fralin vintage hots from www.acmeguitarworks.com
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
funny u mention "superstrat" thats like wut they called jacksons in the 80s
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I upgraded my Squier with a SD Humbucker rewired some stuff, and played around with the neck and stuff to get a better action. It's much better than it was before, and I still plan on modding it further. You're not going to get much for it, so you might as well just keep it and make a project out of it.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I wouldn't bother swapping out the neck. I would swap out the tuning keys for some kinda locking set-up though, and replace the stock p'ups, pots, 5-way, jack and all the wiring just for the experience. Sure it's ony a Squier, but it'll be yours. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Good Luck.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Not to be rude, but it's a waste of money to upgrade a Squier strat. You would be better off to either:

1) leave it like it is

2) buy another guitar
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
id probably put some grover tuners on it-gold, and gold hardware

maybe some fender custom shop pickups- custom shop texas special pickups are $140 on musiciansfriend incase you were wondering
How much is it gonna cost to change the pickups, neck, bridge and tuners?

What do you guys think for pickups? (like i said before, no lace sensors)
i want a different sound (nothing really heavy...i DON'T play metal)

Thanks for the help guys
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
It depends on what you get...

1. You can buy a Warmoth neck for as low as $160 from the showcase...they're great pieces.

2. I'd drop DiMarzio Cruisers in your guitar...they're humbucking, have moderate output and can be wired for taps for different tones. They're about $65 each.

3. You can find locking tuners on ebay for $40 - $60...Sperzels, Planet Waves and Grovers...it all depends on your preference.

4. As for replacement bridges, I'll give you two recommendations since I don't know what kind of bridge is on there right now...

A - If you have a 2 point bridge (the bridge pivots on 2 posts), I'd recommend the Hipshot ball bearing tremolo...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Hipshot_Tremolo.html

It's increadibly stable and fluid.

B - If you have the 6 point tremolo, It'd recommend the Wilkinson VSVG Bridge...

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Wilkinson_Gotoh_VSVG_Vintage_Tremolo.html

Again, a very stable tremolo.

I'd also recommend you change the electronics. If you go for the cruiser pickups, get a few 500K push/pull pots from stew mac so you can go for some custom wiring options. The obvious choices would be coil taps, phase and I'd wire in one of the pots to activate the neck pickup for some tele-style neck/bridge pickup settings.
Is the body made of alder or agathis?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I think its alder....

is it worth all the money im putting into it?
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
^You need to REALLY make sure it's alder, or else it's not worth it.
Which model?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?