ok so i have been looking for a new tube amp head for around 500 USD. i was looking at the Peavey Windsor, and from what i hear its pretty good, i have yet to test it out so tahts on my to do list, but, i have played marshall jcms 800s and 900s, and 2000s. i was just wondering if anyone knew of any other good amps that i could check out. i play mostly classic and hard rock, some metal. Led Zeppelin type of stuff. again i am looking for something around 100watts. thnx
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
You can get a Peavey Valvue King head for $400. It great for classic rock and stuff but would probably need an OD for metal.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
500 is way to little for a head and a cab you have two options. A) Save and buy a JCM 800 or 900 half Stack because it will hti the tones perfect. B) Dont get a half stack and save a little more and buy a combo.

Though i have not played a peavey Windsor it seems like it will be ok you still need more money for the head and cab though
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
i am not worrieing about the cab, i can get one after i get the head, i just need a good head. i was looking at some jcm 8/900s, theyr really nice but they are pretty expensive. i am not gonna buy it really soon, i got to sell my mg100 first, but after i am looking to get one. hopefully ill have aroudn 600dollars. not only for selling the mg though. i was also looking at the crate v30h, i dont really need 100watts, i am willing to settle for like 50-60watts. so any other suggestions now?
the windsor isnt out and tested yet. (maybe in yr area) but around here there arent any reviews yet.
if u can wait a couple of weeks, they'll probably have more around.

if ur checking out combos check out a used traynor or peavey.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Dude, 100 watts is like... ear shattering. I have 60 W and I can't turn it up over 2 without it hurting, which kicks ass. So get it.
800 seems right up you alley they make 50 watt versions they are the 2204 model
do you guys think a 30-50watt will do the trick even if i am doing like a small backyard type of gig? oh, i am really likeing the 30watt crate. its really nice i have played it before. i dunno though. i really want a vintage marshall, but on ebay i cant find any under like 900dollars. i find some for like 500, but they still have at least one day of bidding to go... any advice? should i go with the 30watt crate head, or what? oh by the way srry, but i am not really looking to buy a combo
dont waste your money on that crate junk its garbage if you like that vintage marshall tone nothing is going to replicate it you will need a marshall to get it. your best bet is save up
ok than if im gonna get a marshall, how much do you think, at the cheapest, i can get a 50watt jcm800 or, the other 50watt marshall. i think its the jmp or plexi. not sure?
oh i saw a 30watt vox ac30cch. its pretty sweet too. what do you think about that one?
thats a good amp i just dont know how the OD is i know it has amazing cleans though.
ok i need a final like vote or tally, i am gonna check both out but, what do you guys think is gonna be better for classic rock tones like zeppelin/beatles/iron maiden/GNR/etc.? its between the 50watt marshall jcm800 or the vox ac30cch. what do you guys think?
the 50 watt jcm 800 is gonna be much better for those tones
ok thnx. i was leaning towards that one. but i have to get it off of a used seller like ebay or sumthing. they run just under around $1000 right?
ya that sounds about right you should be able to get a halfstack for like 1300