Page 1 of 3
ok so im looking for bands that sound like Job for a Cowboy, both in vocals and in music. if you havent heard em... ill try to upload some, or put a link to purevolume.

heres the link to purevolume: http://www.purevolume.com/jobforacowboy
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Last edited by #1 nirvana fan at Aug 26, 2006,
yeah, i likeDespised icon from what ive listened to so far, thanks. but... Is there anything more "piggy"
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
underoath, at the gates (at the gates are technically melodic death metal, but w/e)
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
well i didnt see a thread for death metal, because thats what i conside JFaC
Quote by pinheadslts75
Quote by #1 nirvana fan
well i didnt see a thread for death metal, because thats what i conside JFaC

They're not death metal.

Try Animosity...even though there's like 7 Animosities..

And Beneath the massacre is another "deathcore" type band..except 10x better*.

*more technical
Beneath The Massacre
Animosity
Elysia
Despised Icon
Misery Index
See You Next Tuesday
Robinson
Glass Casket
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
From A Second Story Window
Ion Dissonance
Winds Of Plague
The Red Chord
Killwhitneydead
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by buddy_bomber
underoath, at the gates (at the gates are technically melodic death metal, but w/e)

Underoath?

The Black Dahlia Murder sounds a bit similar, but they're more melodic. There's one band, I think it's As Blood Runs Black. They're pretty cool, but again, more melodic.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

i think as blood runs black is a local band in my area... unless they just have the same name...
Quote by pinheadslts75
Old underoath is kinda like that except more melodic.

ABRB are from Cali so I think you're right.

you could also try Drama Before Flight, they're a local band to me, saw them last night (farewell gig, they've split now :[ ) www.myspace.com/dramabeforeflight probably

For really brutal Death Metal try Cryptopsy, they're brilliant, especially the None So Vile album.
isnt the acacia strain deathcore as well?
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

I haven't heard them but I thought thay were just Metalcore like Unearth, as they've been about for a few years.
I wouldn't consider The Acacia Strain metalcore, but I don't like to ultra categorize bands so whatever. They play good music.
Theres this local band from my city called A Saturday Night Drive By.

Total rip offs of them.

www.myspace.com/asndb
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I find it funny how this thread has went from JFAC to Underoath in only a few posts..haha. #1 Nirvana Fan try looking for Pencil Lead Syringe!!!!!! PIG SQUEALS TO THE ****ING MAX!! they may not sound the same musically, but the vocals are ****ing amazing. DEATH METAL! \m/
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Beneath The Massacre
Animosity
Elysia
Despised Icon
Misery Index
See You Next Tuesday
Robinson
Glass Casket
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
From A Second Story Window
Ion Dissonance
Winds Of Plague
The Red Chord
Killwhitneydead

Playing a show with See You Next Tuesday in October. It's gonna be bad ass.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
im surprised no one has mentioned Suicide Silence. maybe a little bit more grind than JFAC but still very similiar.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
^^^ I didn't put them in my list because I think they're awful.

EDIT: Not that JFAC is any better...
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by XQuickDeathX
Playing a show with See You Next Tuesday in October. It's gonna be bad ass.

they are quite awsome live, the bassist looks like a caveman, but in the best possible way!
Waking the cadaver
Ivebeenshot
Theres a few more I just cant remember.
'J'adore ah les femmes', yeah I love my riches, 'bonjour' money and 'au revoir' bitches
Quote by AprilSilenced
I find it funny how this thread has went from JFAC to Underoath in only a few posts..haha. #1 Nirvana Fan try looking for Pencil Lead Syringe!!!!!! PIG SQUEALS TO THE ****ING MAX!! they may not sound the same musically, but the vocals are ****ing amazing. DEATH METAL! \m/

what is going on in this post?
that my friend would be grindcore. all the scene kids are obsessed with job.. right now which annoys me but
2'0 clock girlfriend
see you next tuesday
16 bit slaughter
the cavador
cattle decapitation

bands that are of the same genre but diff:
the locusts
head wound city.

in a few weeks my band should have mushc on our myspace and were gridncore.
up for odoption (UFO)
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Quote by aaron13
that my friend would be grindcore. all the scene kids are obsessed with job.. right now which annoys me but
2'0 clock girlfriend
see you next tuesday
16 bit slaughter
the cavador
cattle decapitation

bands that are of the same genre but diff:
the locusts
head wound city.

in a few weeks my band should have mushc on our myspace and were gridncore.
up for odoption (UFO)

Uh, you're not refferring to job for a cowboy as grindcore are you? They're not at all.
A Black Rose Burial is really good and Dr. Acula too they are very similar and all awesome
Go to real hardcore shows.
So if anything JFAC is grind. I'v heard they'r post grind if there is such as that. Just search for Grind, or Grindcore. And ABRB owns you.

Edit:
Quote by technicolour
Uh, you're not refferring to job for a cowboy as grindcore are you? They're not at all.

How so, they have alot of grindcore qualities. The same grindcore sound, guitar, drums, they even have that traditional Breet Kreet thing that all grindcore bands do to sound like pigs.

If you want a good laugh listen to Prostitute Disfigurment.
Last edited by ChrisPetrie at Sep 22, 2006,
Hmm this probably will not help you in your search at all, but I get to see JFaC tonight.
wdjfhaskabsdkfla
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
im surprised no one has mentioned Suicide Silence. maybe a little bit more grind than JFAC but still very similiar.

i quite enjoy suicide silence as well as all shall perish
good stuff all around
JFAC IS AMAZING LIVE! So is Suicide Silence and all shall perish. And if you like JFAC, go listen to Turning Robots into People. MAAaaad sweet. And I"m trying to find JFAC and suicide silence tabs. I can pick most of it up by ear but for some parts it's just too complicated for me.
Quote by XMeatHookMartyX
BAHAHAHAHAHAH TECH METAL!!!! HAHAHA.

P.S. Suicide Silence and Job For a Cowboy suck.

Agreed. I really don't understand. When I saw them, everyone (including the other bands playing with them) were throwing things at them.
They're god-awful.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
if you want "piggy" sounding screams, try pig grinder.
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
why does everyone hate on TDWP
they really are a good band if your a true hardcore fan
i guess people on ug are more into metalcore and punk hardcore....

lolwat
What I mean in the post I made before was that you should check out Pencil Lead Syringe..haha
heavyheavylowlow
waking the cadaver
the black dahlia murder
the colour olive
killwhitneydead
cattle decapitation..

Uhh..
NOT underoath?

wtf.
Page 1 of 3