ok, well wasn't sure where to put this...but i think i've found my next guitar...

Theremin Guitar

i'm assuming you all know what a theremin is...if not, just search for "theremin" on youtube and you'll see

but this guitar looks interesting...and only $425!

any thoughts?

maybe it's just a gimmick thing, but i'd like to be a bit different.

my mate's got a theremin, it's amazing and you can try different stuff with it for hours on end...so i wonder how good this guitar-based one is

-rob
Quote by rob_larry01
ok, well wasn't sure where to put this...but i think i've found my next guitar...

Theremin Guitar

i'm assuming you all know what a theremin is...if not, just search for "theremin" on youtube and you'll see

but this guitar looks interesting...and only $425!

any thoughts?

maybe it's just a gimmick thing, but i'd like to be a bit different.

my mate's got a theremin, it's amazing and you can try different stuff with it for hours on end...so i wonder how good this guitar-based one is

-rob

gimmick, it looks like its not really a "guitar" if you will, more of a make-noise-for-the-hell-of-it thing
yeah i guess its not technically classed as a "guitar" but i dunno, im still intrigued

the whole theremin thing is realy interesting for me, creating music other than through just strings and traditional instruments

-rob
Quote by rob_larry01
yeah i guess its not technically classed as a "guitar" but i dunno, im still intrigued

the whole theremin thing is realy interesting for me, creating music other than through just strings and traditional instruments

-rob

well i guess so but it hurt my ears on you tube, i dont even think you could play, like rock on it
ah you should see bill bailey play on a theremin then

its all how the individual could use it

i imagine its the kinda thing that would have been used by someone like pink floyd if they'd been around then (maybe they were, i dunno)

it depends what result you got on youtube actually, there was one of a guy just being stupid with it...but people can actually play theremins properly
i don't think it'll feel the same as playing normally. and won't your arms get damn tired?
haha

its all done thru midi..so technically it can be woteva sound u like

u play it by manipulating the airwaves around the sensors...thats as best as i can describe it
Jimmy Page used one in Whole Lotta Love, the way a theramin works is its a magnetic field that make radiation and as soon as your hand come near it it disrupts the radiation, and so it causes the sound, and the closer you go the higher the frequency, I have one that i use when we play whole lotta love live, and no your arm doesnt get tired