Page 1 of 2
The new Schecter Synyster guitars are so awsome. only prob is im not sure which one to get. im gunna buy one of the two but im not sure if the custom model is worth the extra $400. any ideas?
were can i find pics?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
imo there both mediocre his custom comes with Invaders which blow but yet his standard comes with a LFR which sux
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by viperdude
The new Schecter Synyster guitars are so awsome. only prob is im not sure which one to get. im gunna buy one of the two but im not sure if the custom model is worth the extra $400. any ideas?

they both suck, the custom has two invaders, and the other one has some duncan designed. just get the avenger, make your own style dont copy someone else (funny comin from my mouth)
the custom is better than the standard...set neck, real duncans, original floyd. but get a hellraiser avenger instead. EMGs are better. and it looks better. i wanted a syn custom before, but now id mainly just want it to look at, not play. and i dont have enough money to buy a guitar to just look at it. anyway, avenger hellraiser. buy it. its cheaper and better.
Go get your shovel.
yeh practically you get what you pay for so its a better investment to buy the custom over the standard any day.
The standard is for faggot douchebags who are broke.

The custom is for faggot douchebags who are loaded.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
The standard is for faggot douchebags who are broke.

The custom is for faggot douchebags who are loaded.

ha, a little uncalled for but i had to laugh when i read that.
Go get your shovel.
If you're looking for a mahogany body, 24 frets, and a floyd rose, then apart from an Ibanez prestige RG (which looks like a tree trunk) this is pretty much your only option. The Syn Custom looks cool (IMO), sounds cool (if you've heard Avenged Sevenfold's CD) and is not that expensive when compared to similar guitars of the same quality. The hellraiser Avenger doesn't have a Floyd Rose, so if that's something you're looking for, tough. Also, the headstock looks like asshole (again, IMO).
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
I dont mind avenged sevenfold sometimes. (guilty pleasure lol...) but those guitars are horrid and you should find your own style.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
i would go for the custom. invaders arn't atimaticly crap, you might like em, but try them out in a shot first.

Original Floyd Rose
Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders
Set-Neck
Mahogany
Mahogany / Rosewood

Bolt-On
Mahogany
Licensed Floyd Rose
Duncan Designed HB-108

I would go for the custom if you have the money, it has the set neck and the ultra access heel for better upper fret access, looks the same (but ethier way the syn inlays are dumb), the invaders you might like, but if not you could switch em out,

sorry fer the hige pic

Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
i want to play one so badly arghh
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by noodlegts
If you're looking for a mahogany body, 24 frets, and a floyd rose, then apart from an Ibanez prestige RG (which looks like a tree trunk) this is pretty much your only option. The Syn Custom looks cool (IMO), sounds cool (if you've heard Avenged Sevenfold's CD) and is not that expensive when compared to similar guitars of the same quality. The hellraiser Avenger doesn't have a Floyd Rose, so if that's something you're looking for, tough. Also, the headstock looks like asshole (again, IMO).

ever heard of the C-1 Hellraiser FR?
Quote by lp_dude_2
ever heard of the C-1 Hellraiser FR?

that one doesnt have the avenger shape
Quote by seltzer
that one doesnt have the avenger shape

so. all that noodlegts asked for was mahogany body, 24 frets, and a floyd rose, which is exactally the hellraiser FR. it was viperdude, the thread starter, that was looking for the avenger shape.
What about the Avenger FR?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
only in every other country in the world except for the USA, go to the schecter website and make your location anywhere except the USA. theres like 8 other models that the USA doesnt get that everywhere else does.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Oct 2, 2006,
its really pretty freakin annoying. i want one of those revenger FR's sooo bad. but my local dealer cant get models for the other countries. no special orders or anything.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
its really pretty freakin annoying. i want one of those revenger FR's sooo bad. but my local dealer cant get models for the other countries. no special orders or anything.

Learn the guitars name before you say that you want it so bad.
Quote by wylde_overdrive

it is called revenger, better check that out before you pissing on other people's heads
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by wylde_overdrive

you sir, are an idiot. go do the exact thing i said to do. find it. it is called a REvenger FR. What they sell here in the states is an Avenger. idiot. seriously. you really are dumb. tell me to learn the name of a guitar if i want it so bad, and you cant even figure out what its called before you jump down someones throat saying they are wrong.
Go get your shovel.
Meh, I made a mistake.

I honestly don't give a shit.

By the way, the "revenger" FR, judging from it's specs, looks like quite the shitty guitar.
I vote neither. You're paying more than its worth because it has that loser's name on it.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Meh, I made a mistake.

I honestly don't give a shit.

By the way, the "revenger" FR, judging from it's specs, looks like quite the shitty guitar.

Yeah...mahagonny and emgs...ew.. Topped off with a floyd rose...you can almost smell the ****...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I looked at the Revenger FR on the Canada site and it was Duncan designed pickups and an LFR...

Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Oct 2, 2006,
both of which are changeable. i do suppose i overreacted, but ive been having a bad day. so i apologize for my explosion. but if i got it i would change the pickups. and from all my experience with schecter liscensed FR's theyve been fine. but if it ever died i would just change the trem.
Go get your shovel.
Im sorry about this rant but wow, if that pic was Avenged Sevenfold's custom guitar, that looks like ****!!! I've seen better looking garbage-bins than that. I seriously dont know why everyone is obsessed with A7X tone, am i the only one that thinks it sounds ****ty and percussive. Especially when he hits the low-D, i almost lose my lunch. Its bad!! Anyone who can make a Bogner Uberschall sound **** doesn't deserve to play music. His lead tone is even worse!! Personally, i would go with a Hellraiser Avenger over that piece of crap. But i'm not a Schecter fan so there you have it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Nobody's obsessed with Synyster Gates' tone, everyone's obsessed with the notion that their musical tastes makes them some how a step above anyone with different tastes.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
How much does his custom run? It looks like ****.....

I know eh?

The inlays especially!

3 words: TOO FUCKIN' MUCH!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
How much does his custom run? It looks like ****.....

900 american dollars
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by Bazilisck311
Nobody's obsessed with Synyster Gates' tone, everyone's obsessed with the notion that their musical tastes makes them some how a step above anyone with different tastes.

Nah they just think that synester looks cool and that is just wrong
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Oct 3, 2006,
Quote by Eric 666
has anyone noticed it has a B.C Rich style headstock? that pisses me off a bit.

You must get plenty of Ulcers.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by noodlegts

Ummhum...No it sure isn't the only option. Also, the hellraiser FR does have a floyd rose.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I looked at the Revenger FR on the Canada site and it was Duncan designed pickups and an LFR...

Thats...not right....weird..

EDIT: okay, the Avenger and the REvenger are different guitars. Hence the confusion.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Oct 3, 2006,
Quote by Bazilisck311
You must get plenty of Ulcers.

Not really, I like B.C Rich it's just that I dont get why's he copying a headstock design and doing a crappy job at it...I dont like the widow headstock, but his guitar just sucks balls in looks...maybe in tone if I get a chance to play it.
Page 1 of 2