I'm low on cashola so I need to know what a good dist pedal for a cheap price would be. I don't trust th internet. I don't need the absolute greatest out there, just one that'll get the job done somewhat well.
Quote by redstapler1228
boss ds-1

x2
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
yes ds-1, they're great. awesome distortion and it can make a fat sounding overdrive (like vai and satch).
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
x3...i have a ds-1 and i like it
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
x4, DS-1 kicks ass.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
X5! DS-1 is by far the way to go
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Im going to break the chain and say Digitech DF-7. But that's only because I have never played a Boss DS1. The DF-7 is rather good quality though.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I hear ProCo Rat's are pretty good though, but I'm not sure if it'll fit your price range.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

the ds-1 is an excellent pedal.
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
Yeah ive used a DS-1, I have to say theyre awesome. Dont get metal zone :@
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
As a rule with distortion pedals, you cant go wrong with the DS-1.

And when you want to move up to professional level, or get an amazing one, get it modded, either by Keeley, some other place, or on your own (cheaper on your own, but you have to know a bit about soldering and electronics, and where and what each part does)

Like I said. You cant go wrong with a DS-1
DS-1 is great. I use an OS-2 just because I wanted the overdrive... and it still kicks ass.
Elaborate.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
As a rule with distortion pedals, you cant go wrong with the DS-1.

Sure you can. The DS-1 is one of the harshest pedals I've ever heard.....and I've played the MT-2.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
danelectro whatever
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Wtf is wrong with you guys?

The DS-1 sucks! It's really buzzy and gross.

I like Proco Rats.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I like Proco Rats.

I didn't like my DS-1 till I applied the keeley mod to it, then it sounded great!
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I like Proco Rats.

Well I haven't played a DS-1 either really, I just hear good things about them

ALTHOUGH I have played a ProCo Rat, it is great. I just didn't suggest it since I didn't think it wasnt in the threadstarter's budget.

Quote by That_Pink_Queen

I like Proco Rats.

Play a DS-1 through a Hotrod Deluxe, then say its really buzzy and gross. I've found that the DS-1 changes depending on your amp. If you have a SS amp...really buzzy and gross. Hotrod Deluxe, crushing...absolutely beautiful. 65' Twin Reverb Reissue, thin and harsh sounding. Thats all I've tried it on. I assume it would sound fantastic on a nice JTM or something.