I'm going to try and learn electric guitar and I need to know what the best guitar I should start out on is. It'd need to be kind of cheap(like $200 to $250). So can anybody help?
first start with an acoustic when you switch over everything seems so much better
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
Quote by Unbending_Soul
first start with an acoustic when you switch over everything seems so much better

If he wants to play metal or punk I don't think an acoustic would be the best buy
i disagree. I started on an electric and it just made me play so much more and progress so much faster, as to my cousin who started on a cheap classical. I think the little things that will make you pick it up and play it more will have a better affect than something that will maybe one day make your playing seem better when you switch.

Just my oppinion, but for a cheap electric that isnt to bad i'd say the Ibanez GRX models (or similar) over any squier or no name.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
i would definitly start with an electric. there so much more versitile. if you dont have an amp you might want to go for the ibanez jump start pack. it sounds kind of lame, but its actually a nice guitar and if you keep playing you can upgrade the amp.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
if u learn on acoustic, you'll have more finger-strength. it's that simple. especially on a crappy one (i learned on a suzuki violin company acoustic guitar----wtf?)
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Thanks I'll try looking for that brand and by the way just so you know, its she and I'm going for metal and rock blends.
for metal and rock, ibanez will work great. Do you understand that you'll have to also buy an amplifier if you're getting an electric guitar though?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
if u learn on acoustic, you'll have more finger-strength. it's that simple. especially on a crappy one (i learned on a suzuki violin company acoustic guitar----wtf?)

Heavy electric strings. Problem solved.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ibanez GRX40, you can learn so much more stuff on there, because it has a tremolo bar, its not a necessity, but it adds to your bag of tricks.

And by the way, I have that guitar.

I bought the Jumpstart Package for 200 dollars on eBay.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"