what pedal would be best for getting metal and modern rock tones out of a tube amp?
budget less than 50
you mean 500?

EDIT sorry, thought you meant amp, try a Danelectro FAB overdrive, not the best but less than 50
your gunna have trouble with less than 50. Id suggest saving up and getting the Boss Metal Zone. Ive seen it for around 80 if you buy it online.
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
Overdrive=tube
distortion=solid state, they just work better for those, usually, but hey, Ibanez tube screamer would be AWESOME if you could save up that much bout 150 maybe????
Quote by ChildrenOfRuin
your gunna have trouble with less than 50. Id suggest saving up and getting the Boss Metal Zone. Ive seen it for around 80 if you buy it online.

No.
No.

No.

Really, don't touch the Metal Zone, it's one of the most awful sounding pedals on the market.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
$50 isn't enough for a solid metal pedal unless you can find something like a DS-1 used. If you head up to $100 give or take, you can add some very good pedals to the list.

Jeckyl and Hyde
Subdecay Blackstar
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Digitech Bad Monkey (not bad for the price)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?